Stubborn diabetes

Posted , 3 users are following.

no matter what medication i take from insulin to pills my blood sugar doesn't go low.

i have insulin resistance. type 2 diabetes. even if i eat food with low GI or no GI my blood sugar is up the roof. ( reaches 400). i am having issues from that and im scared ill lose an eye or something. medication is making it worse. even ny hba1c without meds used to be 7.3 after taking meds for 6 months its 8.9

how can i get my body to release more insulin or would a bit of sweets help in releasing insulin? i know its weird but when i was living abroad i had no diabetes. it disappeared by itself. and back again.

my diet used to be sugars back then. a lot of chocolate and hamburgers.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What have you been prescribed and recommended? I am insulin resistant and have been told to avoid refined sugar and refined carbs as well as alcohol. I was recommended to have a low gi diet, exercise and metformin which I can't tolerate as it upsets my stomach too much. Are you 100% sticking to a low gi diet every day checking all labels for sugars in carbs and making sure it is under 9 grams? You have to be careful because there are so many hidden sugars in sauces, juices and ready meals. You need to avoid sugar as your body can't absorb it and it will turn to fat. Human beings don't need much sugar as it occurs naturally in so many other foods like vegetables, bread, rice and pasta. Be careful of processed foods, diet foods (lots of hidden sugars), sauces, juices some dairy products and cereals. Just check the sugar content in everything you will be surprised in which foods have hidden sugars. When you say you lived abroad when you didn't have diabetes which country just out of interest?

• Posted

i am from lebanon, i used to live in cyprus. yesterday forexample i had lunch around 3 at 10 my bs was 270 i ate semi fried ( not too much oil ) chicken breast with lettuce and zucchini at 1am my bs sugar went down to 210 in the morning while i havnt ate since it was 240.. today im just gonna eat the same thing i ate last night for lunch and dinner and test my bs before and after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.