Stuck sensation in throat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I always get the sensation of something is stuck in my throat shortly after eating and always accompany by burping.

I had an endoscopy done 2 weeks ago, was diagnosed with GERD even though I didn't have nay heartburn. Just acid occasionally coming back up to my throat, nausea, churning pain in stomach and occasionally chest pain. It all started out 2 months back when I swallowed a large piece of food without chewing properly, so I basically starve myself the next day as I'm afraid to eat. That's when I started having acid reflux.

When food get stuck in my throat, I'll remind myself that I still can breath and talk therefore I'm not choking. I still can swallow liquid therefore nothing is stuck. Yet, I don't get why I'm always having this issues of as if something is stuck in my throat feeling. Might be acid reflux or anxiety or maybe both but I just don't know. I'm so tired of living like this. I'm avoiding biscuits and cakes because of the texture, those are the foods that make things worse.

I feel indigestion too after eating ugh.

Anyone have the same issues as me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I go months without any problems then like now I feel like something there i try burping to relieve it but then get a dry clacky feeling I was checked last year but it's very scary ivery always had a problem swallowing and can't eat unless I know liquid us available

• Edited

Hi, your situation sounds very difficult. It sounds physical and psychological so I would suggest getting support from a professional therapist to help you.

Our mind and body work in tandem, which has been proven by placebo studies.

Get professional help to support you.

I wish you well.

Sheila

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.