Stuffed Nose all year long

Posted , 1 user is following.

I constantly have a stuffed nose. 

It started 4 years ago, after i got a cold in fall. the cold went away after a week but the stuffy nose stayed until the beginning of summer. Then in fall the same thing happend again. The stuffy nose went away again after it got warm outside. But the following fall I got a cold again in fall and I've had a stuffy nose ever since (2 or 3 years now).

It is usually worst at night and in the morning. Sometimes my nose isn't stuffed at all during the day, but it is always stuffed during the night. It's not runny but stays inside the nose and often one of my nostrils is completly blocked. When I clear my nose in the morning there is often a little dried blood too. Its always worse in winter then in summer.

Here are the ideas that I had as to why i have the stuffed nose:

1. My dog always sleeps in my bed during winter and also my bedroom windows are closed most of the time in winter, whereas my dog isn't in my room in summer and I usually have the windows open. So because of that, the air might not very good in my room during winter. That might be the reason it is worse in winter then it is in summer. But if this is the reason, then why do I still have a stuffed nose in summer.

2. Is it an allergie?

When I went to my doctor about my problem, the first thing he did was an allergie test. It turned out that i wasn't allergic against anything at all. 

But still.. the test wasn't for every allergie that exists. So maybe I'm allergic against some dust or something?

But if it is an allergie, why did it always start after I got a cold?

And I don't only have this when I'm at home. I took a 20 day vacation this summer to japan and I still had a stuffed nose.

3. Is it because it isn't humid enough?

The air is always dryer here in winter then it is in summer. So maybe thats why my nose is more stuffed in winter..

This is also what my father tought was the reason. He is from maine while my mother is from germany. I've lived in germany my whole life, but when my father moved to germany from maine he also had problems with a stuffed nose, and apparently its more humid in maine. But I stayed in japan for 20 days this summer, where it was crazy humid and my nose was still stuffed.

I'm running out of ideas please help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.