Stupidity

Posted , 12 users are following.

How stupid can I GET I am 14 weeks post TKR doing pretty good accept pain disturbed sleep goes without saying and at 12 months it may be a stupendous healing and my sentence has been seved😁😁😁so what did I do today get the shampoo machine out and shampoo dining room SO I AM NOW LYING HERE REGRETTING EVERY MINUTE I SPENT DOING THE CARPET 😂😂😂😂😂😂 ALRIGHT I KNOW ##Stupid###

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not stupid at al!!

You just get tired and want your old life back!

I'm 5 months and I still do crazy things but we pay and then we learn (maybe)😄

Just rest, elevate and ice!

Take a break for a few days!

Don't beat yourself up...on the upside you don't have to do that job again, for a while!

I know it's hard most days but try and stay positive,

It does get better !!

• Posted

Don't overdo things , and dont rush recovery . Your knee will improve in time . I am 19½ And 17½ years since my keee replacments . It was 6 month each time before I returned to work . I have had no problems with my knees since returning to work .

• Posted

:D :D :D :D

I think that just made you "normal"

I remember thinking, if I'm gonna hurt, i want a REAL reason!

• Posted

Well i suppose you're right if I'm gonna hurt have a good reason why thanks 😁😁😁😁😁

• Posted

Making it hurt is not good ,whatever the reason . You have had serious surgery , yourย knee wasย  taken apart and rebuilt . a bit like having your leg broken in two places if you think about it . It takes time a lot of effort and hard work to get better , but dont over do things or try to rush recovery . Slow and steady is better than fast and furious . Almost 20 years since my first knee and 18 for the other , best thing I ever did , had no problems with them . Took 6 month off work each time . Retired now and still enjoying pain free knees .
  • Posted

We have all overdone it.

You will AGAIN, but NEXT time you will be even stronger, and it will take you longer to collapse!

I'm persistent (read: STUBBORN) I keep going. I personally think it's a GIRL thing. I will continue to overdo it. I know this.

By-product?

STRENGTH!

YOU GO, GIRL!!!😁?????

• Posted

Oh Mary:-)))  I hope you feel better soon!!!!  I did read that at three months you can vacuum, which I'm dying to do when the other knee has been done.  Husband has been doing it for years!!!!  So I can well understand the temptation!  Take it easy there now!

• Posted

Yeah vacuumed ok now but at first hung onto anything at hand I don't think I started till about 6 weeks after my first check up with surgeon x

• Posted

It must be a 14 wk thing. I decided yesterday to decorate a bedroom, paid for it last night and still slightly today! Grrrrrr
    • Posted

You're doing well there too Michelle!:-))))  You're both an inspiration!

• Posted

Lol maybe we should start a 14 weeks stupid club 😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Posted

Ha ha, good plan. I think we need a little bit of stupidity in our lives or we'd go bonkers! 😜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.