Subacromial bursitis, Achilles tendinitis problem said recovering

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

i got the shoulder injury in a pushbike accident and the Achilles' tendon from trekking.  I got one injection for the shoulder that worked for about a year.  Then I got other health problems that meant I soent a lot of time inactive and lying down, which brought on pains in the back of the scapular mainly exactly when I lie down.  After a long time of no physical activity I am desperate to get a bit fitter now.  Physiology has helped the foot a bit.  Im doing yoga.  I feel fine during class but get painful spasms in my shoulder afterwards, usually at night.  Should I stop yoga or is this because I'm using the shoulder again? How can I decide? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Most probably from using your shoulder again after a long time of no activities as it affects the muscles

I decide that you need to do an xray to be sure about the reason and you also need a therapist

• Posted

Morning Ekajati;  I agree re "use of heat packs", and probably prior to exercise as well as afterwards.  Maybe Yoga is too much for your shoulder, too, as I was advised by my Rhuemy to do "Pilates over Yoga", as this is a gentler form of similar exercises.  It is  always easy to re-damage  a shoulder injury and get another Tendonites, if we hurt/damage the previously affected joints/tendons etc.  I have been where you have, and do find the Injections beneficial, if injected "early in the infection", but not if left too late .   Perhaps a re-visit to a good "sport's orthopaedic surgeon" may be what you need again, and hopefully before any more surgery is needed?                                 Good luck  Bron

• Posted

many thanks -  I am going to try the heat and also I just tried magnesium spray which seemed to help a lot.  I actually used to do Pilates but stopped as I felt it exacerbated my heel and also she did lots of roll downs and spine raises from lying down which I don't think we're good for my glaucoma.  With the yoga I do private classes and asked the teacher to work out a routine that takes all my injuries into account.  I think I ran into problem she because stupidly I tried to do the arm poses from eagle posture without any warm up while I was at work.  I'm going to see how I go with heat and magnesium.  Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.