Subacromial decompression in Dec & still having issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a subacromial decompression in December and then developed frozen shoulder which I had manipulated this week. After surgery surgeon came to see me & said if it didn't help he would do keyhole and discuss it with me when he sees me in clinic. As yet my shoulder feels no different pain wise or movement wise than it did before the manipulation. Received a copy of the letter he sent to my gp today and it states if there's no improvement when he sees me the plan is another subacromial decompression. Has anybody else had it done twice in the same year. Majorly frustrated with it at the minute

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Wow, huge bummer. Sorry, no advice here, just want to wish you the best. Shoulders are VERY frustrating. You need them for everything! Good luck....
  • Posted

Ugh..nothing worse than to feel held hostage by your situation.  One step at a time.  Keep working on loosening up that shoulder!!  Perhaps inquire about a lidocaine/cortisone injection into the problematic area.  The injection might calm down the issue enable you to begin loosening up the shoulder.  Keep your wits, stay focused, continue to try to do your at-home exercises.  Do some research online.  There are some informative articles online regarding your surgery and recovery.  Do not give up!!
    • Posted

Thanks, I had cortisone injections in February & again after the manipulation. Guess I'll just have to wait it out for now & hope for improvement.

• Posted

Do what you can.  Look for tiny nuggets of progress.  Stay calm.  Stay focused.  The recovery takes time.  Do. not. give. up!!
  • Posted

Yes I have had 3 last year on my right shoulder as every time I have surgery I then need to have a release after each trauma

in September I had my third and 10 days after I fell up the stairs and broke some toes I was convinced I had not put my right arm out but was in great pain 

had MRI and was told I had torn a Bicep tendon so had another op this March to release and take more bone off and the Bicep cut and tucked 

meanwhile my left wrist did not feel right an X-ray showed that when I fell I broke it and it's healed on its own but not in a good way 😁

My surgeon has been fab 

he told me that he should have been a hip surgeon as patience come in not walking but 6 weeks after an op will leave skipping 

with shoulders it is really complicated and the pain can be horrific but hang in there as I have had my left shoulder done and it's pain free and moving that took 18 months and 2 ops 

lI now sit and wait to see what the next step is 

go and see your doctor and make sure you get a mixture of pain relief  for day and night then go to your local pharmacy and  discuss taking the right dose at the right time of day 

it's amazing how that can help 

good luck 

• Posted

Thank you reading the above has definitely made me feel better and someone who may be clumsier than myself.
  • Posted

Hi can I ask have you had surgery 2 yet ? I had my decompression the same time as you and started to develop a frozen shoulder. Then my ac joint played up and well that's another injection now the tendon is inflamed and it's all feeling hopeless ! Wondered how you have got on before I see my surgeon again and face op 2

Thanks

• Posted

I had manipulation under anaesthetic on the 3rd May. Didn't think it had worked & then a few days after seeing the physio it just moved, now just about got full range of movement & working on strengthening now. Hope yours gets sorted, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.