subclinical hypothyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have posted before I am still having tests to find out if I have underactive thyroid.

I have all the classic symptoms tired all the time. Body aches weight gain even with healthy eating carpel tunnel (just had the decompression op on my right hand ).my TSH levels are a little high a little out of "range! !!" The doctor was going to put me on a low dose theiroxin but my last blood test was just in range so he hasn't yet and I'm waiting for the next lot of results the range is 0.4-5.0 and i have had results of 11/5.9/7.5/4.8 the t4 is is right in the middle of the "range"and iv not been tested for the t3 that I have seem people talk about ferritin b 12 and vitamin d all good .

For a few months iv been getting other symptoms does any body share these symptoms too ?.

I'm cold all day but I night I keep waking up wet thru in sweat so I strip of to nothing and wake up a few hours later the same. Dry mouth really bad at night (iv not got a cold or fever or anything )itchy skin on a night time my hair has gone really greasy at the roots to the point that a few hours after shampoo it looks greasy again but the ends are so dry that I can't get a brush through because it knots up my hair dresser commented on my hair at xmas asked me what if been doing with it cos it's totally changed (iv not done anything different same shampoo ect as always which I changed after her comments but it's still the same ).acid I have acid all the time to the point that a warm drink hurts on the way down. So does any 1 have these symptoms with underactive thyroid or do I need to go back and sound like a hypochondriac again 😡

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i personally think you should ask for an antibody screen to see if you have excessive antibodies causing you problems. Anything above 60 is a raised level, mine is 97 and I have similar problems to you. If antibodies are your problem one is called Hashimotos and it slowly destroys the thyroid, which may be why you are seeing a TSH of 11. Another lady on this forum sees a TSH of 60-70, and mine was 66 but the thyroid was only removed because it caused me eating problems. The main point is your thyroid condition is giving you a good T4 level in the blood. If you have raised antibodies then on Wikipedia there are 80 possible conditions you might have. One called Sjorgrens sounds similar to your symptoms, and the list includes rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis is a general term that included carful tunnel syndrome, notice the word syndrome in all these. You are not a hypochondriac it has taken me 20 years, a thyroid removal, and years of dry mouth and aches and pain, and I still don't have a diagnosis but now suspect Sjorgrens. You may have to accept that you must live with the conditions, clean your teeth and scrub your tongue often and chew sugar-free gum, use a hydrating moisturiser, Eye gel or drops which may need to be preservative free, and eat a simple diet of wild meat, not farmed, and avoid processed food especially white flour. I have just booked on a Pilates and Yoga courses to gently try to keep my muscles and joints pain free.

I still sweat like you do at night if I eat pasta in particular or a big meal after 7pm, so I don't eat out. I used to have terrible hot sweats after eating white flour and this was attributed to IBS. 

• Posted

Kym, I agree with mike....I say this to everyone....try eliminating all gluten and see if you feel better. Synthetic thyroid replacement (the one you're taking) does not always work, especially on those who have autoimmune hypothyroidism

I maintain bioidentical is far superior. It has changed my life. You're not a hypochondriac.

• Posted

I'll check that out thanks and atm I'm not taking anything they won't give me medication as I'm subclinical even tho I have all the symptoms but will look into anything just to feel normal again .

Thanks

• Posted

You could just quit gluten and get your vitamin d in check and see what happens....stick with homeopathic normal stuff. If I could go back in time, that's what I would do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.