Subconscious anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

im super confused about my symptoms because it sounds like anxiety but i wouldn't say i really worry or that im depressed or have a low self esteem or that im unmotivated to do certain things or anything else usually associated with anxiety. its like im subconsciously anxious but idk why

im a 17 y.o. female, highschool student. i sometimes have panick attacks which start out of nowhere, (a feeling of anticipation, internal tremor, high heart rate, slight nausea & a fear of loosing control) (happens about 1-2 times per month) & they last around 2-3 mins at most.

i also sometimes experience slight vertigo, feels like the floor is moving underneath my feet or that im swaying on a boat when im sitting. before sleep i sometimes have internal tremors & sometimes its really hard for me to fall asleep. along with these i experience that typical anxious feeling in your stomach that isn't nausea.

im also often feeling an internal feeling of uneasiness like im anticipating something but in reality im not.

(tmi: i drink coffee daily, not a lot, 3 max and it doesn't happen everyday that i drink 3 coffees but i usually make them strong so that could also be a trigger?)

all this is really confusing & i cant really go to a therapist or psychologist cuz the number of covid cases is still high where i live. so i hope to find some answers here!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

anxiety can definitely be hereditary. That is how I got mine unfortunately. Caffeine will increase anxiety so try to cut back on that if you can. You can do virtual counseling right at home on your computer, iPad or even your phone. That’s what I do and it works great! Hope you feel better soon. By the way there are lots of great meditations on YouTube for anxiety that can help you calm down especially when you’re trying to sleep. Take care

• Edited

Hi @amberchhh -

I'm not a medical professional, but I can tell you that I have experienced every single one of the symptoms you mentioned and I truly believe it's anxiety. Anxiety can really manifest itself into scary physical symptoms, and it's so hard to believe it really is just in our heads. I'm sorry you're experiencing these things, but some of the things I do to help with my anxiety is to decrease caffeine - when you're already experiencing tremors and panic attacks the last thing you want to do is add more simulants. I used to drink 3 cups a day, then I slowly decreased to 2, now I have one and I've gotten pretty used to it. Another thing I like to do is workout - whatever you find enjoyable. Something to move your body, and get your mind off the physical symptoms.

I know you mentioned not being able to go to a therapist, can you do virtual sessions? I'm not sure where you live, but in the US a lot of therapists now are doing online appointments which has been really convenient.

Best of luck to you,

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.