Subcromial decompression

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am now on 12 months post op , and am still in severe pain from my operation to release subcromail decompression . Taking over the counter pain meds. and using heat compressionnot even moving pain i am now think it failed operation , any suggestions on what i should now do .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jollyjoe

wow still in pain. feel for you is the pain in the operation area or surroundings

have you still " that pain" when you stretch out.

or is it where they have messed around with the joint and tendons.

i am 3 months post for the same.back to work tomorrow. still in pain. mine is the bicep tendon and muscle playing up and the night aches. not actually slept properly yet.

i purchased a ( t-shellz) from the mend me shop in the USA.

i does not warm the skin it is suppose to electro magneticlly get to the joint its self and warm that area up. not just the skin.

i use a power pack in my van and use it too and from work ( i am a carpenter )and i abuse my shoulders due to the nature of work.

i find it loosens the joint up so i do not have a cold start.

also uddermint. i did post this a while ago. made for cow udder cleaning. its 50% peppermint oil. better than any sports rub. and you get to smell like a humbug as well. i did use both together and it burnt my skin it was so strong with the heat.

i have been having aggressive physio to the arm and shoulder to sort out muscles and tendons. last week i called her " not a very nice lady ". kept that clean !!

i still sleep holding a pillow supporting my damaged joint laying on my good side

whats your pain areas and how have you managed you position

stay positive

colin

• Posted

Pain is still felt at operation site, am now having unsettled sleep patterns on other strong opids for my osteoarthritis in spine which is now at level 4 , thinking that theses would help the pain but not even blocking pain am now at my wits end, moody during the day due to lack of sleep taking out my anger against my family not there fault am this way but i feel like I need to blame someone. do have consultant to see end of this month so hopefully i can get to the bottom off why am still in pain. i even had to give up my job as car valeter. As now am going backwards instead of going forwards with the pain. Am really thinking now that it has gone wrong i have been told that i should sue for neglecting practice. but am unsure what to do or how i feel about doing it. any help would be much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.