Submandibular Salivary Gland removed

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , I had my submandibular salivary gland removed 2 weeks ago, I have considerable swelling under my chin on my neck and on the side , any thoughts or know when that might go away ? I also have a long scar , trying to get use to this new look .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why did you have the submandibular removed please???. I see a oral surgeon tomorrow.  I had a lymph node swollen there.  I have Amalgam on my gum. I have false teeth upper and lower. I also feel a lump in my chin.  You can't see it but I can feel it.  I am learning from speaking to diff ppl.  I have no idea what they will say tomorrow. I would like to know what to expect. 

• Posted

I had a large stone in my salivary gland , I also saw an oral surgeon , he sent me to an Ototaronologist ENT surgeon . I saw him about 5 years ago , he told me I would have to take an antibiotic every time it swelled because of infection . He also said I had about 5 years before I needed to have the gland removed . It kept getting bigger blocking my saliva , I am still so sore and swollen .. I hope it goes away soon !
    • Posted

I forgot to say it really was five years ago that he said that , and I had the gland removed two weeks ago .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.