submandibular stone is making my teeth ache

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi every one, I have had this problem with stones for a couple of months now and its no fun. Been to the hospital for sialogram, waited two weeks for the results to be told that everything is normal, but I can see the stone under my tongue which feels like it wants to come out on its own. I have tried to push it out like some on this web site but it hurts too much. Went back to GP who is sending me back to the hosp In the meantime I have the most terrible pains like toothache, been to dentist who refilled a tooth that had a crack in the filling, but to no avail that night I was in agonies, but he says can't see anything wrong with my teeth and my gums have gone all sensitive as well so i can only eat soft stuff or soup. Back to the dentist tomorrow for more probing while I await a letter to see the ent surgeon. Has anyony else had this problem with their teeth and this complaint? This seems to dominate my life at the mo, I am usually happy go lucky but this is making me miserable, there seems no end to it. Sindy

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sindy i suffered a lot of pain in my back teeth which seemed to be connected to a submandibular gland stone after i had my gland removed the tooth ache stopped.Townko
  • Posted

Hi,

I am facing a lot of similar issues too. Dry mouth, some gland under my chin on the right side swells up to the size of a tennis ball (while eating) and then goes back to normal (slightly swollen compared to the one on the left side) within a few minutes. My teeth (both upper and lower) have started to hurt on and off and feel sore. Do you guys think it is submandibular stone OR could be any other problem with the salivary glands and/or lymph nodes? I do not see stone visible under the tongue. Should I go to an oral surgeon or regular doctor?

Appreciate your help!

Silvia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.