Submucosal fibroid..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there ladies..after consulting 3 doctor's...as advised by 2 of them..i must take ESMYA to see how it works to shrink my 4.3 cm fibroid for a duration of 3 months.. I need to get a pelvis ultrasound done after i finish the first 3 months of the course ..depending on my condition then if need be I would be required to undergo a hysteroscopic resection ...according to the doc it is easier to shrink a fibroid first and then do the op which could help avoid a lot of complications.. I have had bleeding in between periods and seems like this entire month of August has been very tough..i still continue spotting with mild pain...been on Ñoresthisterone for the past one week has helped reduced bleeding but not stopped completely... anyone who has followed a similar procedure and has had a hysteroscopic resection with having any incision ..

I am planning to start taking ESMYA very soon

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hello

I had 3cm fibroid and was told they are going to operate me to remove my fibroid. 

I had my surgery on 01/08 and they found out that my fibroid was actually 5cm. They could not complete the surgery as they said I started bleeding a lot.

I am now been  given asmya for 3 months to shrink my fibroids and after that they will do another surgery on me to completely remove it.

They told me I will stop bleeding in 48 hours after my surgery but my bleeding only became heavy and heavy. I went to a&e and gp so many times and all they say is it's normal. Today is my 29th day since I got operated and my bleeding has decreased but hasn't stopped yet.

I read upon asmya and saw good reviews on it and also doctors say asmya should help me to stop my bleeding soon. I have my pre op appointment on 13/09 and will exactly find out what's going to be their next step.

I hope this helped. All the best and be positive is all I will say xxx

• Posted

Hi Dear!!

I am sorry to hear about your condition.. and I can completely undestand that bleeding for so lomg can scare us women...it is stressful both physically and mentally..hope you recover soon. Also if you don't mind me asking what type of a fibroid did you have and didn't the ultrasound pick up the size of the fibroid ..as right before the op the doctors should send you for an ultrasound or MRI..

Yes I am trying to gather as much as information before I can also find a way to solve my fibroid issues soon.

Thank you for your reply...😊

• Posted

I would agree to try esmya first. It's non-surgical so I think its the best option to try first. It's only submucosal fibroids that can be removed via hysteroscopic resection and the smaller it is the better, to make it easier... I have had hysteroscopic resection for a submucosal fibroid of about 2.5cm. This was just before esmya became approved for this use and I then obtained it for treatment of my other fibroids , (mostly intramural). The medication esmya has helped me and after taking 2 courses of 3 months with a 2 month gap I have stopped for over a year and am still pretty much symptom free.  The submucosal fibroid is the one that causes heavy bleeding so hopefully things should improve once it is dealt with. You don't need incision for small submucosal fibroids as they can be removed hysteroscopic in most cases if a small size.  (It's best to take the daily esmya at night as it can make you feel a bit tired when first start it).  Good luck , S 

• Posted

Hello shell,

If you don't mind me asking, are you still on esmya?

Are you getting your normal periods or did it stop completely until you stop having esmya? X

• Posted

Hi mas, no I am not on esmya and haven't been for a year. When I took it periods completely stopped while on it. You have a 2 month gap between each 3 month dose, so you get a period during that gap. The effects can last after stop in some cases. We are all different. There are also 3 types of fibroids and it works better on some than others. Good luck, S.

• Posted

Thanks for letting me know

Am really getting frastuated at the moment cos my bleeding has decreased but not stopped yet. 

And wearing pads all the time doesn't make me feel v good. I have my pre op appointment on 13/09 so let's see what doctor says.

Thanks for letting me know x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and information on submucosal fibroid...

I feel positive atleast that I might get some relief for a while.. Yes i have been struggling with heavy bleeding for the past 1 year and a half or slightly more...

And I am looking forward to start with my course of ESMYA soon. Just wanted to check with you..are there any side effects apart from feeling tired?? And any precauiton as such to be taken...while on ESMYA...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.