suboxone

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was prescribed meth 40mg from my doctor. Since going to a new doctor for pain management and being on the meth prior, my pain doctor put me on suboxone. This is said to help.with pain which it don't. I was then put on tramadol with the suboxone and still get no pain 4elief. I work 10 hr shifts and by the time I get off work the pain is so severe I have trouble sleeping. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I can take with the suboxone and get th3 much needed.pain 4elief. I'm not a heroin addict, so why suboxone for pain. What can I ask my Dr to go with the suboxone to stop th3 pain

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

diazapam will relax the pain and help you sleep .i am no doctor but i suggest you ask for them instead  of the suboxone,espesially if you r not a herion addict
  • Posted

Ask for dihydrocodeine! That should definitely help with the pain. But only take it when needed so u don't get another addiction!! 😊
  • Posted

Hi Catherine - it is hardly suprising that you are getting no pain rtelief from Tramadol while taking suboxone- suboxone is designed to negate the effect of heroin on the receptors in the brain - Tramadol is a synthetic opiate- ??????? - by the way Tramadol, contrary to what your DR will tell you is highly addictive-check out the amount of people on this site who have struggled with this drug-including myself- it is horrendous to quit - so i wouldnt take it for too long- ask your DR why he put you on suboxone ? - does he know what it is designed for-
    • Posted

Yes it is a opiate blocker! !

But very weirdly it doesn't block tramadol as it acts on different receptors and actually it potentiate the effects!

I've taken both at the same time many times.

as I said it works on other receptors aswell as the same

• Posted

the new doctor changed you to Bouprenorphine because with methadone your withdrawl symptoms after taking methadone would be more bad and stronger than your pain ... Suboxone is a 3G medicine designed to treat cancer pain -strong pain and also as a therapy for heroin addicts ..... its also used to cut methadone withdrawl (which is so strong as heroin's) 

Suboxone /Bouprenorphine/naloxone is blocking your opioid receptors and you cannot combine suboxone with methadone for example or suboxone with tramadol bouprenorphine block any other opiate .... the only you can do is discuss with your Dr how much time will you are in pain management .... ifyou are for a while time short .... i would recommend 2 you to change to smthng stronger like oxycodone if you are for a long term ... suboxone it would be just fine 4 u ... you 'll see what i mean "fine for u " if u are in long term pain treatment ...

i wish the fastest relieve 4 u 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.