Suboxone for chronic pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently bruised my spine and I'm in horrible pain as well as numbness as well as paralysis and there have been prescribed Suboxone for severe pain anyone else going through this and what do you think about Suboxone being used for chronic pain 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Also just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to work very well I am due for an operation due to spinal stenosis as well as the bruise to my spine will take up to a year for bruising to recover hopefully will walk again someday I am in treatment anddue for  Fusionof c4-c6 vertabraie next month I am in constant pain and had read somewhere that Suboxone is not approved by the FDA for pain. But that buprenorphrine  it's self is 

• Posted

Confused a little on this one as Suboxone is medication for opiod dependence and I know you have to be careful as it can cause its own form of dependence - you definitely should ask your doctor more about this - I am sure they have their plan to treat your pain but you should be told more I think.

​Good luck and all the best

• Posted

Hey

Sorry to hear of your pain, but I am Little confused, and wondered if you have missed something out, or I'm reading it wrong.

Did you already have the spinal stenosis before bruising your spine, you mention paralysis which part are you having this issue, also how long for.

The main part that I'm confused is the Drug as this is a drug for helping people who are addicted to opiates.

So what meds are you on, where is the pain exactly, did you have 2 separate injuries.??

Sorry don't mean to sound harsh just trying to get to grips so I / we can give some better advice.

Regards

George

• Posted

Hi Chip. 

I had taken this for a few months while on a pain mgmt doc for back and hip pain. 

He explained that Buprenorphine was developed decades ago and approved by the FDA in 2002. Yet it remains nearly invisible, despite its potency against a fiendish trio of adversaries: withdrawal symptoms, craving and overdose death with opiates. That’s why Its called the Stealth Medicine. It is hidden behind the term “medication-assisted treatment,” which also includes methadone and naloxone. Buprenorphine is the only one doctors can use to treat opioid use disorder in their patients with chronic pain.

Hopexxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.