Suboxone withdrawals and how to cope

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been coming off suboxone at home now for 11 days and the symptoms are barely getting better I feel like my body is constantly burning in my skin I can't sleep because of the jerking feeling I have in my joints I really need sleep my doctor hasn't been much help he just told me to take Benadryl and to hang in there does anyone know what I can do to get some sleep I've been waking up taking an average of 6 baths a night just to try and sleep a couple hours 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't want this post to discourage any one from getting help or from getting off of pain medication unless you extremely need it  any body can become an addict suboxone has not been an easy feat by any means but it is not impossible the most important thing to remember is that this will not last forever try and stay positive and talk to uplifting people family close friends etc. the hardest time is at night I've found taking multi vitamins iron and ib prophet help do not take any type of non prescribed sleeping meds or allergy meds anything that will make you drowsy because it will not help it will only make your restless legs worse 

• Posted

Hi Jay,

I have been tapering from Oxycodone over the past few months. I decided to do it more drastic than advised as I want off them asap. However the withdrawal is awful. I have found that taking Ashwagandha helps the anxiety. I do yoga and meditation 2-3 times a day if I can which definitely helps. I can't find anything to help the sweats though. Sounds like to have restless leg syndrome. I had is really bad when I started my taper. It did go away thankfully after a couple of weeks. Have you thought about tapering rather than stopping cold turkey? I hope you get some relief soon. Well done for making the decision.

• Posted

Thank you for your response I tapered myself down to about 1/4 of a strip a day  when I stopped and that was mainly just to sleep at night I have found out that there really isn't any short cuts every time I take a piece of suboxone I have to restart the 72 hour with drawl process again no matter the size I take each time it is a little easier but it still prolongs the inevitable the best thing that has helped me is talking to my family driving listening to music and baths anything and everything to take my mind away from the symptoms it really helps to have emotional support mostly everyone in my family are still opioid addicts so it's a risk for me to associate with them but In a time like this it feels like a risk not too thank you for listening to me I really appreciate it 

• Posted

Hi Jay , ive been suffering from Insomnia from Withdrawals from Zyprexa aswell as other symptoms for 9wks. For insomnia ive been using prescription Melatonin slow release tablets. Im not back to my normal sleeping pattern but i do get anywhere from 4-7hrs sleep a night. Sometimes I'll nod off for 2-3hrs then awake for couple hrs then nod off again for another 3-4hrs. Some nights I'll sleep thru 6hrs straight. I feel im getting better as time goes on. It could be worth a try as some people get much better than i get. I wish u luck mate and best wishes to you for your future. Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Thank you for your response I will definitely see about getting some time release melatonin my biggest fear is trading  one thing for another  melatonin or any other natural alternative is exactly what I'm looking for I feel delirious all the time from lack of sleep 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.