substitute for shaving?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have the region shaved every month.It Is very irritating.Is there anything better to do?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I tend to use veet wax jar which you warm up in the microwave, apply and then remove immediately its around £10 in boots and is quite good for the hair removal and lasts around 6weeks - this is what was recommended by my previous consultant
  • Posted

Yep, I use veet too. My partner puts it on, it kills the hair over 10 minutes or so, then you scrape it off and wash. It is less irritating and easier. I find I need to do it every 4 weeks.

It was recommended by my consultant.

• Posted

S.N,

Were you shaving whilst the wound was open (I am asking this as my sinus has closed; it still hurts (when sitting), but now I want to know if I should keep on with the shaving (I haven't for about a month now)!

Thank you and I hope you get/are better.

• Posted

u need to shave after the wound heals perfectly.this is done to remove the hair that grows back.how often you need to shave depends on how fast your hair grows.i suppose we'll have to keep doing this for some years.
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply S.N my friend.

:wink: smile

• Posted

could you clarify please. do you use hair removal cream or wax with the strips?

i've read that hair removal cream shouldn't be used in the perianal area and waxing sounds like way too much bother and near impossible to do by self. i am looking for an alternative though and will try the hair removal cream if people have used it and had no problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.