SubTAH planned for March

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi has anyone been advised to lose weight before their op? If so I was wondering what was your starting and ending weight.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No I wasn't asked to lose weight.
    • Posted

I was quite overweight but I suppose as I had a vaginal hysterectomy that might have made a difference? I don't know.
  • Posted

I wasn't exactly advised I just decided to anyway. My start weight was 12.5 st and I'm now 9.5 stone my surgery is the 6 th January
  • Posted

Hello,

I wasn't advised to lose weight BUT I did start eating healthier and prepping my body for the change of diet for the first two weeks at least. I suffer from mild constipation, so post op all I ate was soup and salads. With that said I lost 6lbs in 2 weeks so far.

• Posted

I wasn't advised, I was to,d outright to loose weight or risk taking a stroke or heart attack while on the table, I only have a stone off but I'm trying as hard as I can. My op is the 14th jan. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.