Subtalar fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had ANKLE fusion 2013, which was successful. Although the screws did have to be removed a year later.

Pain started to return in the heel area of the foot, consequently I have had subtalar fusion in July of this year. Now almost 6 months later, I have been told that the fusion is a non-union. My options are very limited, live with it, in constant agony, or have more screws, plate, bone grafting.

Has anybody experienced the same scenario?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear that. How are you doing now ? I had TAR 4 months ago now can barely put foot down with pain.. doc says wait til 6 months to see but it might be fusion.. what do you think if it's this much pain is it failed..?

• Posted

I would think so. Same think happened to the nurse at our doctors practice! After her fusion she is more or less pain free.

I'm still waiting for a date for my next operation, probably in a months time, still no guarantee that it is going to work. BUT I must hope that it will! Only time will tell.

Hope you get the result you wish for.

Maryke

• Posted

Thanks for that information.. just hope both our next ops work just be prepared to do absolutely nothing for at least 6months and eat well and keep up with calcium also and pray this time everything will work for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.