Subutex - advice on back pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have took my last 0.4 subutex 4 days ago after a reduction but got badkache like a very bad period painive taken paracetamol and ibuprofen is there any other pain kilers which may help , prefery non opiate s as I, d be defeating the object then . thanyouI

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lis,

First of all well done you!

Should be proud of yourself, now you need to think positive the hard part starts now, Staying Clean, don't go backwards, remember whats back there & you don't really want to go through all this again, you,ve done better than most people, I've been on a long term methadone script for the best part of 25yrs now & still not free from it, So well done,

Now thats a hard one, the only one,s i can think of are what you have mentioned paracetamol &, ibuprofen Asprin,, Problem is so many are Opiate based hun, Not sure if nerophene is Opiate based, some have a weak amount of Opiates in them, I get Chronic backache myself so no what its like,but the methadone masked my pain, i no when i haven't had my dose i'm in bad pain, So try your best to cope with the pain for a while, Preferbely without Opiate based drugs, Like Paracetamol, your GP my be able to Prescribe a stonger dose of Paracetamol  to help cope with the pain!

I wish you all the Best hun

Stay Positive & take do it on day at a time!!

Hugs x

• Posted

Thankyou I wrote this post around sept, oct , I was fine and im over it now ive just graduated on a course learning about a drug and alcohol workers job and waiting on a volunteer placement in youthwork so hopefully lifes looking up , thankyou fot ur kind words xxx
    • Posted

Aw, thats Fab news Lis,

Well done for getting of everything, I was a Volunteer Drug & Support worker for 2yrs, in Uk

Its so rewarding, did my College courses years back, Drug Awareness 1 & 2, counselling levels 1,2,3

If your able to try do the Drug awareness courses, they are helpful, the best workers are the one,s you have been down that rd, Keep up the great work Lis.

But can i tell you something, you may already be aware of, that you have to be drug free, ie, methadone, Subutex, ect, before they will give you a paid Position in the drug & Alcohol field, Its ok Volunteering,

If you do descide to get a paid Job in the drug field, I'd advice to keep your past quite, then you,ll be Ok, apart from that carry on with Volueenter work & gain as much experience as you can & when 2yrs have past then Apply :-)

Wish you all the Best sweetie

Stay Strong & positive & Focused, and take it One day at a time, you can,t go wrong then!!

Hugs x

• Posted

Forgot to put in, they say you have to be 2yrs free, from any drug use, Ie, methodone, Subx,..ect, before they let you apply for a paid Postion as drug or Alcohol worker!!

Well thats still stands in the Uk, don't no abt other countires, Like US,.

you,ll be there x

• Posted

Thankyou for all your advice, dont think I could do counsilling but I may do a substance misuse lev3 course I done a lev 3 health and social care access course a few yrs back so hope fully that will help, in my area I cant even volunteer in substance misuse till im a yr out of treatment, thats why im volunteering in youth work till the yrs up, on my cv iv quite a few qualifications but not worked since mid ninetys, so vol will hepp me get a foot in the dr, hoping my crb clean (shud be) thanks again, did u get paid work, uugs back x
  • Posted

Hi Lis,

Its a Start hun, like you say is a foot in the Door & if you keep yourself Clean, then before you no it, Doors of Opportunity will start Opening for you, No could get Paid work hun, Because was still on the Green(Methadone) But got told you have to be 2yrs Clean before you can get paid work in that Sector, I was Teir 3 Trained aswel & did a better Job than some of these So called Misuse Support workers who were fresh Out of College & Uni, who had never experienced the world where we came from, I mean who you'd think make the best Support workers, someone who,s been there & has empathy & Understanding of what that User has been through, or someone who no,s nothing!!

Although we could do that Job standing on our heads & they'll expect us as Volunteers to do exactly the same work as paid support workers do, but we can't get a paid Job for 2yrs

I personally don't think its right, Its like they are Judging & using us to do their Dirty work without paying us,

Don't get me wrong Lis, not all drug & Alcohol support workers are like that, quite a few are Ex-Users themselves & Understand, & quite a few have Past history of Drug & Alcohol use that they haven't Disclosed & are working in full time paid Jobs as support workers, I no a few! and they have been in that field for years!!

Can't believe they are saying you have to be 1yr Clean before Volunteering hun, thats not right, I was on a Script & i did Volunteer work for 2yrs, there are Certain Centres that will take you on, I of one, but depends if its in your Area, a few friends i knew did Vol work for them years back & still on Scripts, but not Outside Use

Try Turning Point, Google to see if you have one in your Area, they take on Volunteers, and I'm sure other places Do,

Whatever you do i know you'll do great, Like i said before stay Focused & think Positive, the worlds your Oyster & you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it!!

and don't beat yourself up too much if you don't get into the field you want Yet, if your determined enough it will happen sweetie

Best of Luck

Hugs xxx

• Posted

Sorry about some of the Spelling, don't no what happened think some of the words i wrote got missed Out! & don't think this site has an Editing link, Lol

Google Turning Point, for drug Volunteer support work!!! as there are different sectors not all to do with drug support work! you could even try Volnteer work with the Homeless sector, will bring you a wealth of Knowledge! Good Luck & keep me posted on how things are going! :-)

• Posted

Thankyou so much for ur suppòrt and advice, well done I learnt a bit about the tier system, I will google turning point iv not heard of it in my area and iv got a child in school so id need it to be local , but I am determined and as well as my placement at early break ( only in cafe but its a start) I can do a volenteer training course and soon after my yr will be up so il take 1 day at a time, thanks again il try keep u informed how it goes , hugs lisax

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.