Success. I have my life back and better.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well after 2 1/2 years of chronic right side stomach pain. Constipation full of yellow mucous and at times uncontrollable bowel movement. 

My life has been spent just laying in bed and squeezing the pain. 

I was unable to be a father to my 5 year old daughter and my wife of 6 years and partner of 10. I was failing. 

I’d had every test known. CT scan. Endoscopies and colonoscopes. Barium meal X-ray. All negative. 

Even my appendix out as they suspected it was chronic appendicitis. All failed and the pain was just getting worse and worse. I’d been on codeine phosphate. Tramadol  etc. All

Worked for a while until my tolerance grew and it came back 10 fold. 

The general surgeon who removed the Appendix believed it could have been referred back pain. SO WRONG

Then I changed GP who said there was one last test. Faecal cal-protecting which came back raised. 

So after reading this forum. Everyone said push for pill capsule/endoscopy. Which showed. Erosions and pockets of inflammation in the small

Intestine/bowel. 

So she started me on. Cortiment Budesonide 9mg 6 week. 6mg 6 week and the. Continue on 3 mg permanently. Also using buscopan 10mg and Adcal-D3 calcium carbonate and vitamin D. 

It’s now been 5 week. And I feel born again. 

My pain as decreases so much. My back pain also. I do keep having the odd  uncontrolled bowel explosions. And also had a couple of chest infections and colds. But I’m not laying in bed constantly. As this was the only thing that eased the pain. 

I feel more reborn. I was Honestly at the stage I know longer wanted to be here. 

Basically don’t give up. Get a good gastroenterologist.  Mine is at shellfield hallamshire. She’s gave me my life back and my family their son. Husband and my daughter her Daddy back. Also my friends have the old me back. And to make things better I’m expecting my 2nd child New Year’s Eve. 

Don’t give up hope. It takes a while. But there is not a cure. But there is  help and support with symptoms. 

I believe mine as been caused by genetics with my mum having  bowel cancer young and getting e coli food poisoning. 

I’ve also found that white bread and red meat are no good for me. But I know we are all different. And I’m sue I will find more triggers. 

Thank god for science and medication. 

And thank you  for those who have taken the time to read this and for the  advice pushing for the pull cam. 

Thank you for listening 

Chris 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am really happy for you, and pray that you completely recover. Can I ask:

Was your pain aggravated by movement not during severe attack but generally throughout the day, like walking or doing anything?

Was your pain affected by eating?

• Posted

Kindly also describe the nature and location (upper, lower abdomen).

Was your pain like a cramp or muscle spasm or like someone kicked you in your stomach?

• Posted

My pain was always on the right hand side of the abdomen. Started around the bellybutton. The moves up towards the liver and sometime right at the side. 

The only time I never had pain was first thing in the morning. But after 30-60mins it would start and get progressively worse throughout the day. It was painful 6-10. Let’s say. But because it was constant and ‘never’ let up it was an easy 10. I used to be a regularly at the gym. My job is a gym instructor. But all that stopped. Due to not being able to get through the pain. Also I found my joints and back hurt later on in the day. 

I wouldn’t say food was a main trigger. But movement. The only time I had complete comfort was when I laid flat in bed. (But is this living?) I find food that are easier to digest help. Ie soup. Weetbix and always wash them down with a warm drink or full pint of water to break it up easier as it passes through the inflamed section. Red meat and white bread is a no go for me now. And I loved nothing more than a mix grill. But I love my having my life back more. I know there will be much more difficultys and triggers a long the way. But I now use a great app called ‘my symptoms.’  I honestly am still in disbelief how well I feel. I love life and this is why I’ve wrote and shared. Like other did for me. on here and will give any advice and support I can. I may not be right as we are all different. But some of us will be. 

My faecal cal-protecting wasn’t really high 600. And someone once said that’s not Crohns. So ignore the negative ones. Mine is high up in the small intestines this so why it isn’t as high with those with colitis. If I can answer anymore questions please ask. But be persistent.  People see 10% and assume the other 90% when your just laying down and going home early and assume your Mardy/moody etc. But you know yourself and believe in yourself. Take care. X

• Posted

Hi,  I am so very pleased that you are feeling better and it shows in how you have written this.  I am so pleased for your child and wife.  Its such a worry for not only you as the person suffering but for the people around you.  Unfortunately, this illness never leaves you it just goes in waves but at least if you get some respite its good.  I have found avoiding stress helps an awful lot plus watching what you eat and knowing when you have done enough with work and jobs.  Listen to your body.  These are all the rules I follow and at the moment,  like yourself,  I am doing good.  Long may it continue !!!!!.  Oh and many congratulations on the imminent arrival of baby number 2.  Some very happy news on here rather than all the bad !!!!.
  • Posted

Chris,  what a great message to read,   I am so happy for you and your family.  Thank you for taking the time to post and tell us about not giving up and keep pushing til you find the answers and some relief.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.