Success my symtoms are aleviating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you ladies and husbands for all the advice. (Borax Experiment post)

I was desperate at the start of the week.  Blisters, enlarged cliterous and very red and sore, white skin , fear of fusing.

My progress:

Started using 1% steriod twice daily 4 weeks ago.

Oestrogen Pessarys daily , now one every 4 days.

This week I started using the Borax solution mixed in a mini spray bottle.

I squirt myself with this every time after I go to the loo.  Started this 2 days ago.

I can confidently say that things are calming down below now.

I do not think I have the fusing,  however I am checking daily.Never looked at my vagina so much since I went through puberty.

I now feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel cheesygrin

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So pleased to hear this Lesley, I am really glad for you that you seem to have this under control! However, don't relax on the personal checks and the checking for fusing! All the best! Jackie

• Posted

Hi Lesley, I started the Borax baths and saturated solution about 10 days ago now. I too have almost a total lack of symptoms! The itching, burning and the feeling I had bugs biting me are completely gone. There is just a slight tightness in the perianal area. I have not needed to use the Clobetasol since I started! I use the spray bottle with Borax after each bathroomuse, followed by Vit E. That keeps me supple and soft down there. I couldn't be more happy to thankful to all the woman on here!!!

• Posted

Hi Joanna

Just read your post and you mention Borax and some others have mentioned it, can I ask what it is? I have recently been diagnosed with LS and now I have it in my bottom. I have been using the the steroid cream everyday but I would love to know if there is something else I can use as I know I can't keep using the it forever? Plus you mention Vit E, is this also a cream and when do you use that?

• Posted

Hi Stella, Borax is a naturally occurring mineral. Please read "An experiment with Borax", it is a Great information forum!

I have not had to use the steroid, Clobetasol, since I started. Prior to starting with the Borax, I had to use the steroid twice daily! I use Vitamin E oil 5_6 times a day to keep everything soft and moisturized. I also use a peri bottle to wash after each bathroom use. It has water and a small amount of baking soda in it. Hope this helps you and I would encourage you to read everything you can on here about LS. Good luck and there is Great hope here!

• Posted

Hi Lesley, good to hear that your symptoms are calming down! I started with Borax about 11 days ago and am almost symptom free, everything but the tightness! Great information and support here!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.