Success of SCNS Trial

Posted , 2 users are following.

My leads were pulled yesterday from a very successful trial. Today I am in more pain then before the trial. Is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My friends just had a really good result with her trial and Ye the day after she was back on her pills so I'm guessing it is, have they said how long youl wait for the perminant implant?😊

• Posted

No answer on the time frame, just asap. I told the rep from Boston Scientific it was cruel to give you some relief then take it away. I pray that it doesn't take them long

• Posted

Keep pestering them, my friend has contacted them 5 times in 2 weeks saying she can't deal with the pain, you have to shout loud to be heard😊

• Posted

I have just been informed that I'm not suitable for a SCNS, I was absolutely gutted as I really didn't want more spine surgery and that would hopefully of lessened my need for opioid medication. . I wish you every luck in the future and I hope the wait for you isn't too much longer.

Regards Dave

• Posted

I'm so sorry RedDave, like you I would be devastated. Surgery wasn't an option for me. My choices were stimulator or pain pump. Did they give you reasons why you weren't a candidate? Your in my prayers and hope they find something to do to ease your pain

• Posted

HI jeanKay,

My new consultant told me that owing to the spinal stenosis in various places of my spinal canal it would be impossible for them to pass the wires through as in places there was not white showing at all on the MRI pictures. 

I have to say even I could see that without medical training, he also demonstrated what was required using a model to demonstrate the procedure.

Regards Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.