Success Stories

Posted , 14 users are following.

Please share. Thank you!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it's success BUT I try to do what I need for me.If I need extra rest, I do. If going to a party gives me anxiety I stay home. It's sad BUT I don't go the extra mile anymore--I just do what needs to be done. Well, maybe on the days I feel good I will clean out a closet, a cabinet or even try a new recipe-- it does feel good to accomplish something! And taking my supplements does help so I do my best to stay on top of them .

• Posted

That's good, do what you can do and don't stress about the rest.

• Posted

Kelly, I feel the same way, if I can get away without making a meal, I will. it’s no wonder, between the exhaustion, fatigue, symptoms etc... it’s no wonder we feel this way. we have to be extra kind to ourselves!

• Posted

YES I think this is so important-- to be kind to ourselves!!!Yesterday I cooked and cleaned that kitchen really good-- today I was like let's do take-out cuz I wanna keep the kitchen clean!! ha It takes effort to do that--- I don't want to cook and clean all the time. But yes, when I'm in the mood I will cook a lot!

• Posted

Hi. Can you please clarify what you mean by "success stories"? Success with what? Being free of menopause symptoms? Finding the right medications?

• Posted

Yes, mainly just hope that once a person reaches menopause symptoms like morning anxiety that drags on all day gets better or goes away. Not so much because of medications because then the success may just be the medication and the symptoms may come back when they get off of it. I'm mainly looking for people whose symptoms go away because their periods stop.

Good questions.

• Posted

Hi Natalie, I'm 2 years post & they dont magicly disappear, unfortunately. They do get better, but its a very long process. if you think of it this way, our bodies have been ovulating for 40+ years and menstruating that long as well. Even when the period stops and we are postmenopausal, they’re still symptoms because our bodies still want to ovulate and still want to menstruate, That’s the way my pharmacist explained it to me. I take supplements, meditate, journal and read daily devotionals & pray ALOT 😉

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

It's good to know it at least gets better. Pretty scary stuff especially considering the most potent anti anxiety medication (klonopin) doesn't really make a dent in my anxiety. I don't want to increase the dose either because of the addiction potential so I just deal with the anxiety which feels like an 8-10 hour long panic attack. Out of this world.

• Posted

Natalie, The klonopin probably doesn’t touch it because it’s hormonal, it’s not a chemical in balance. have you ever looked into HRT, bio identical, it’s very safe now. Being postmenopausal , I’m going to have the hormone saliva test done Monday and then my doctor can have my pharmacist prescribe his compounded creams or a pill. i’m done with this BS!;)

• Posted

my doc told me try evening primrose oil for the anxiety and bp. now just calming myself with meditation.

• Posted

Hi Bindisid,

What type of medication do you find calming? Has perimenopause effected your blood pressure? I think maybe it has mine a bit.

• Posted

i tried homeopathy, naturopathy and ayurveda but all gave me more dizziness. yes perimenopause has effected my bp too. it goes high during my midcycle. now whenever i feel dizzy, internal tremor etc i close my eyes and do deep breathing. inhale, hold then slowly exhale. take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.