Success with Cit stories?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for support to keep going with Cit, on 25 mg and at 6 months, have some good days, weeks but still get the blips that can last 3 days or up to 2 weeks, plus, it's so uncomfortable, I don't have any side effects, I sleep well taking it at bedtime, I have been on several other SSRI's but thought I didn't need the meds anymore, stopped and relapsed, started Paxil in Jan of 2018, stopped Paxil in July of 2018 felt it wasn't helping me, so switched right to Cit 20 mg to present, In Oct upped dose to 25mg,

Why is it taking me longer than some who recover so much sooner?

Can you please share your success stories if you have recovered past 6 months please?

This group is so supportive. THank you for that.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you may not of even relapsed, what you could be having is withdrawal from paxil

• Posted

HI Toria and Lois

Withdrawl from Paxil still, it was in July?

If so, then I think this will help me understand and be more patient for Celexa to kick in.

thank you

• Posted

that is correct i had protracted withdrawals from cymbalta.6months into celexa.not good.

• Posted

Wow Lois, I'd of never thought that withdrawl could possibly be that long, I've learned so much from this forum that no doctor could ever tell me.

So I'm seeing hope that Cit will work but may take me longer than 6 months due to the Paxil withdrawl....

As always, thank you for your encouraging words.

• Posted

Today is only 6 weeks for me on Cit 20mg and days are getting so much better. I still have tremors and hoping those go soon. I am not near recovery, but feel well on my way. I wanted to give up too soon but glad I stuck with it. Still having blips, but I also understand I have a long way to go. Changing doses too soon and often will mess with your side effects. Need to give your body time to adjust well before considering changes. Hope you start feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.