Successful Ablation

Posted , 6 users are following.

today I went to my cardiologist to be told my operation in Feburary this year was a Sucess and I can come of my blood thinners and lead a normal life.

i had the ablation done in February after having 3 cardio versions and 2 separate a fib attacks that I went back into sinus rythem myself.

i now have the pill in the pocket in case I ever go back into AF. So far since the operation I have not had one episode even though I was told I would, thankfully I went 3 months with a regular strong heartbeat. 

I Feel relieved that hopefully my Atrial Fibrillation is finally cleared and I don't have this never ending feeling of worrying if I'm going to wake up in AF. 

If you are considering having the ablation operation then do it, you have nothing to loose. It worked for me and I am sure it will work for others. In saying that, I know it will not for a few but you have nothing to loose by giving it a go. I am so glad I did and am ever thankful for the wonderful cardiologist team that helped me.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Fantastic news michelle all the best to you hope never to see you on here again.all the luck in your future and may you be af free well done
    • Posted

Thank you, I hope so too. I just hope I can give some people on here some encouragement to not give up. 
  • Posted

Hello Michelle

Am really pleased for you 😃 and hope it's goes forever for you

My abalation is next Thursday after 3 cancellation I really hope it's successful like your as I've been have afib attacks everyday sometime 10-15 in a day . Today a good day but sick of living my life like this so here's praying ts my turn to be cured smile

Steven

• Posted

Hello Steve

good luck with your ablation operation, hope it all goes well for you. 

Stay positive!! You can do this! 

I hope you regain some normality back into your life soon! 

Will be praying for a successful operation for you!

michelle 

• Posted

Congratulations Michelle, it must be a great relief. I hope it never returns and you can continue with a better life. You sound very up beat and your story gives the rest of us hope. All the best. Ron.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, Wonderful news. Bet you are so relieved. I went back into AF two weeks ago after 7 months in sinus after a cardioversion. I am just waiting to see the cardiologist again with a request from my GP to do another cardioversion. If I do have another and it fails after so many months I think an ablation may be offered but I must admit to being a bit scared. Reading your account is very helpful indeed. Thanks for your advice and keep healthy. 
    • Posted

Hi Lankylass

good luck with everything and don't be scared, the ablation is not a bad thing and I was nervous, but am thankful now I had it done as I can resume my life again now. I actually did. It think it would work, but it did.

good luck and stay positive!

michelle 

• Posted

Hi michelle popeye quick question whats the healing time after ablation ie returning to work im a painter&decorator so very phsical its killing me at the moment but im going to badger cardiologists next month for ablation keep well and af free
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Fantastic news for you. I had my ablation on March 4th in NZ. Just wondered how you had managed the medications you were on before. I'm on Diltiazem, Flecainide and warfarin. I tried cutting down my diltiazem but my AF/symptoms returned so my cardiologist suggested I go back on them and wait a bit longer. I'm nervous about cutting down again but need to in order to see if the ablation has worked. Would appreciated knowing how you managed them or did you just stop them after your ablation?

Cheers Maggie

• Posted

Hi Maggie

i never had to go on the Diltiazem or Flecaninde after my operation. My cardiologist only suggested to,use those tablets as a pill in a pocket solution,but I never had to use them, I did not get any AF symptoms after my operation even though they said I would.

i was on a blood thinner though Xarelto ( rivaroxaban) before the op and after, now I'm not on any now.

I was lucky I guess, as I was expecting the worse and spent a few months expecting it to happen, but it never did.

i guess we're all different even though we have the same condition. 

All I can say is don't give up, be positive and maybe give it a bit longer to settle.

goodluck

michelle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.