Successfully treating a chronic fissure.

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 2 years ago I started seeing blood in my poop. No pain, just blood. This worried me but I didn't go to the doctor. Fast forward one year and I'm having some pain with bm, still lots of blood. Now at 1 1/2 years, it felt like I was s**tting glass, I was scared to go, even more scared of the after. Muscle spams in my anal canal for hours. Doctor said I had hemorrhoids, told me suppositories and sitz baths, both seemed to make it worse. Went to colon and rectal surgeons. They say I have a chronic anal fissure, diltiazem ointment wasn't helping. I call back a month later. Get an appointment 3 weeks out (today) to actually meet with a surgeon. I'm feeling slot better but still going to see the surgeon just so she can look. I've been avoiding red meat, berries, and going very light on cheese. I'm drinking two activia drinks, one in the morning one at night, 3 bananas a day, a few cups of applesauce, 2 dulcoease stool softeners before bed, and 2-3 liters of water everyday. Besides those things I'm eating whatever I want and I've gotten much better since I made this appointment. Before I have a bm I try to calm myself and I rub coconut oil on the area before and after. I use prep h wipes. It took weeks but this is so much better than that excruciating fissure pain. I hope this helps someone out there.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.