Successfully weening off

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I hope everyone is the best they can be with what's going on in the world.

Just a quick update as I started on 20mg cit about 2 years ago and im now down to just 5mg by reducing my dose by 5mg every 5-6 months. Tbh I feel a lot better for it as i dont really have any emtional blunting anymore, i have a lot more energy, my testosterone levels and libido feel back to normal if not higher now.

I plan to stay on 5mg for a few more months n see how I feel and then reduce again to 2.5mg then finally come off them.

Its felt like a long two year journey for me so well done to everyone going through the same thing.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's great to hear Carli811, just be careful coming off the last 5mg, take it very slow. The smallest doses are hardest to come off.

• Edited

I've heard this. I have weaned down from 20mg and I've scared about stopping completely when the time comes

• Posted

hi carl

i did the same, took it really easy over 2 or so years.......when i stopped taking it completly i was great for next 6-8 weeks then i just crashed!....it came all if a sudden when i was out at the theatre, it absoultly knocked me for six! I wish i had taken some kind of natural supplement/ vitamin when stopped with meds........im told its a very good thing to do.......... glad your feeling better mate......just be kind to yourself & take it nice & steady

• Posted

Carl,

Question-

My journey started about when yours did. I think weve even chatted on here before. I just tapered down to 15 from 20 and although mild, i have some withdrawal symptoms or anxiety returning OR im just in my head worried about getting worse as i taper. did you have any similar feelings as youve tapered or was it smooth sailing each time you reduced? thanks!

• Posted

Hi Laura

My apologies for not answering sooner. Been swamped at work.

When i reduced from 20 to 15 i actually felt a lot better as i always thought 20 was just a little bit too high for me especially to start on. When i dropped to 10 i had a few weeks of minor side effects but they subsided. When i dropped to 5 i only noticed some minor side effects for a few days but tbh it was hard to tell if these side effects were real or just a placebo effect, but the less i thought about them, the less they effected me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.