Sucidal thoughts.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on pristiq since December and recently I've been trying to come Off them since I've been running out of the sample packs my doctor gave me.

Since doing this, I've been having these thoughts but it's been when I don't take my medication. Tonight I've been having these thoughts really bad, as of right now I know I can't do it. I don't want to, I have too much to live for and people who make me happy but these thoughts are so over whelming and I'm so scared. I'm alone with my daughter and all I want is for someone to be here with me and no one will. Tomorrow morning I'm going to call my doctor and set up a time to see him but has anyone else experience this just with coming off something? How does one cope? I've been trying to calm down but it's hard.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Please just think this over! email me if you want to talk, call me anything I can do to help please take the help. Your not alone!
    • Posted

That's why I want someone here, that's why I'm going to seek help. I just talked to my husband and he wants to help me and it helped me a lot to hear he supports me and wants me better. I just don't understand where these come from.. Today was a great day at work, but as soon as I came home I felt off. I know my house hold makes me stressed and I wonder if stress can trigger that feeling..
    • Posted

Life, that what happened. Every day people deal with issues, yours are the same. In reality probably not as bad as most and that alone should keep you grounded. You have a daughter and a husband who love you, that is more than most people can say. Life is worth it and some will never even get to experience the depression or thoughts you are. Stress is a powerful thing and so is the mind, the best thing you can do is talk to someone, let them hear your problems and help you.
    • Posted

Thank you Scott. Thanks for listening, today is just a low point and you're right. There are others who don't have support or anyone and there's someone out there who always have it worse.
    • Posted

No problem at all! I wish your family and you the best of luck! If you need anything you know where to find me.
  • Posted

hope ur feeling a bit better victoria. often, the thought, that something can happen when we come off meds can act like a self-fullling prophecy. see if u can seperate urself from ur intrusive thoughts. recognise them for what they are & let them go. visualization can be helpful with doing this.

healing thoughts going ur way

Caitlin

• Posted

I wouldn't stop taking my medication as it stablizes me. I was on Mirtazapine but it gave me nightmares, made me sluggish all day and I put on a stone in weight because I was not active.

Citolapram helps with anxiety and depression. But it is trial and error with medication and I hope your doctor can eventually find one that suits you.

Try not to give into panic. I know it is difficult when you are gripped by fear but you have this site and these very nice people who reply.

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.