Sudden back pain still around for a week now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, last Friday I was running a lot of errands and kept lifting my infant in his baby carrier in and out of my truck, I think this cause some type of muscle strain in my back. I had some dull pain that night and then woke up the next morning with incredible pain that was hard to walk around or do anything. I went to the doctor and was told it was musculoskeletal pain and should go away in a few days. I was taking a lot of ibuprofen for it which did not help at all and now the ibuprofen has caused me some gastritis (yay). The back pain gets better throughout the day but is incredibly painful at night and in the morning and it’s now been a week. Will this go away eventually?  I’ve never had back pain ever before so I am not sure what to expect.. thanks! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole, pain in the back is horrendous, carrying a nipper about especially on your hip is sooo bad, where abouts in your back is it, lumber??
    • Posted

It’s on the left side mainly lower but also I feel it the most when I put my head down then it’s a sharp pain. It’s very tolerable during the day but when I wake up in the night and morning then it’s super painful.
  • Posted

Over the years I have put my back out a number of times and have always got full recovery from going to recommended physiotherapist. It sounds to me that it was caused by lifting your son's baby carrier out of a vehicle bending your back awkwardly and taking the weight at the same time. Best of luck Rhodri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.