Sudden blackout, 'woke' with two months of memories gone

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few days ago I experienced something odd. While using my computer, I suddenly felt like I was floating and everything was dream-like. I saw flashes of moments that I (at the time of writing this) believed happened sometime in Nov-Jan 2020, but they felt almost real in the moment. As I kinda of 'woke up' from it, the floating, dreamy feeling slowly dissipated. My first thoughts were "What happened? What day is it?" Thinking a little more, I determined these things: it is February 6th 2020, the time was most likely around late 5pm (when I get home and online), I was getting a YouTube video pulled up, I need to make sure if people tried to message me. I opened my phone to find that it was actually around 2pm on March 30th, 2020. This completely threw me off. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember anything that actually happened during February and March. When opening my phone fully, I noticed an old, upsetting text message conversation was open that I don't remember going to.

Later, I noticed I had a planner, so I opened it to the notes section at the end of each month (I opened to March), then immediately messaged my friends and family asking if there was anything important in the last two months I needed to remember. I wrote all answers down in that section. Usually, I am pretty forgetful, but not this bad.

During this whole time, I'm panicking very, very hard. In between messages, I'd have to get up and pace around the bedroom to control my breathing. I felt incredibly nauseous. At some point, I'd lose balance or forget how I normally write.

I went to the doctor where they performed different upfront exams on me. Stuff like mental evaluations and the ones where you follow their finger with your eyes and such. I remember having a hard time speaking and my train of thought kept getting lost. At some point, hearing myself talk felt foreign, as if I couldn't recognize it was my own voice, like it was a stranger's. Though, over time, I was slowly getting back certain memories from the past two months. Not everything, but a few things. They didn't think it could be anything physically hurting me or my nerves, which led to the only two remaining options to be either something mentally wrong or something chemically wrong. They drew blood, and I have not heard from them yet.

I'm very curious as to what this could have been. This is the first happening of it. I have already been looking into therapists since I believe I might have depression/anxiety caused by childhood issues, so I will bring this up with whoever I can find. I'm posting this up so I might be able to have some ideas or sense of closure while I continue to search for true help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.