Sudden blurriness in "good eye"

Posted , 2 users are following.

Today, I (female, 17, myopia/astigmatism) woke up with really blurry vision that wouldn't clear for at least an hour or two. I tried both using eye drops (because my eyes felt dry/like something was in them) and rinsing them with water, and then they felt better once my vision cleared. But now the vision in my "good eye" is suddenly even blurrier than my "bad eye".

I have no other symptoms other than slight dryness and the feeling like there's something in the eye (no pain, no stroke symptoms, no floaters, nothing that would indicate something serious). I can't see any objects on/in my eye that would make it feel like that. And it's not like I can't see at all, but it's alarming how fast that eye's vision changed.

Side note: there is a small (probably 1/2 a millimeter-sized) reddish bump on that eye that's been there for several months, but I haven't previously noticed it causing any problems. My last eye doctor visit was about 7 months ago, and he said my eyes were fine.

I was thinking of getting my eyes checked within the next month or two anyway because the vision in my "bad eye" has been changing, but is this something I should get checked out sooner?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.