Sudden change on brain clarity

Posted , 4 users are following.

Need your help so please advise on my situation. Thanks in advance.

I am 34/Male. Like 6 months ago, around the days when i was smoking little too much, i felt a sudden electrical change/partial shutdown/ or like a electrical decrease on the left side of my head, like a dullness without pain and after that day i had bad effects on my mental clarity and inability to focus/enjoy/fear etc.. I can say its like a brain fog.

Before that happened i had a fast thinking mind, was much much more funny person and was a much more sensitive personallity.(happiness / anger / excitement) I was attracted by too many things in life and everything was giving me pleasure and i was enjoying every single moment of everything.

After that thing happened life is really not very enjoyable. I feel my head is dull specially the left side and can't lead me to enjoy and can't lead me for new things. I am just living my daily life without any pleasure because my head feels dull every single day. It really sucks and makes me anxious. Also this change is not only on happyness. All type of feelings has decreased like fearness, the feeling of hunger, beeing thirsty and so on. My brain feels dull. I am not interested in anything anymore. Just living sad This gives me anxiety and effects my social life.

I regularly go to gym for years and give up smoking (rarely smoking). I scare that smoking in the past damaged my brain permanently but can't proove anything.

I visited 2 Neurologist, had a brain tomography and MRI scan and they did physical checks on my body. Nothing showed any single issue. Then i am directed to a psychiatrist and he did me brain EEG check which resulted bad. The beta & high-beta waves are mostly blue which means my brain functions slow now and he prescribed me antidepressant. He also told me that this could be anhedonia.

I don't have any major problems in life. I think like i have enough reasons to enjoy life and a lucky person but  for exm. this feeling doesnt reach to my brain and release the seratonin  and makes this electrical happiness feeling on my head like it was happening in the past. My head is like dull and can't get the exact feelings. This also breaks the motivation.

Honestly i trust and respect the psychiatrists but don't trust(find enough) their solutions which they prescribe antidepressants all the time.

I need somebody's help. Please advise me. Why i got into this sudden strange condition and is anybody know about the possible treatment?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I totally understand where your coming from, been in a very similar situation myself. It was really strange, like you said I was also enjoying life a lot keeping up with the gym sporting activities ect. Then suddenly went through some family difficulties in my late teens, maybe drunk a bit too much smoked abit to much also. Been on medication ever since. Extreme anxiety and paranoia at times, even with meds and just can't find that happiness I once had enjoying life, like everyone else! I too would like a MRI scan and maybe some more checks done, as I believe medication cannot always be the answer. I hope you can find answers and eventually find a breakthrough feel free to chat anytime. All the best Michael keep looking for answers, mental health can be a very sore subject.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.