Sudden Cold Sweats

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 59 y/o post menopause female. I've recently been having occasional sudden cold sweat breakouts during the day while I am doing housework. I'm not overworking myself and it happens maybe once a week, my body breaks out in cold sweat, I feel weak and about to faint where I have to give up in the middle of cooking and go lay down in bed. Only known conditions I have is cervical stenosis where I have neck and shoulder pain as well as discs in my lower back which causes pain.

My BP and cholesterol is controlled. I do drink occasionally but have been drinking a bit more frequently to a family pass away. I have told my doc this and he just said he thinks it might be post menopause symptoms. But I've never had these symptoms before and it only started showing up recently. The only thing I search and end up online is with symptoms related to an oncoming heart attack.. but I don't have chest pain nor breathlessness.

Has anyone had these episodes? Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don’t get cold sweats, only a hot, drippy face & head. I can be doing hardly anything, like making dinner, & it starts. Since being on Robinul it seems better, but not gone. Has nothing to do with menopause. I hope you can get some help.

• Posted

These are presyncopal episodes.

Do you know what your BP is?

Are they preceded by stressful events?

Do you ever feel faint when you stand up?

Do you have a regular pulse?

Have you ever fainted?

• Posted

My BP has recently been high even under meds, around 150s/100s. My doc had ordered some blood work done to find the reason for this and most of it came back normal except for a couple liver enzyme tests which were elevated including my GGT. I go in for an EKG next week as well. These days I am under a lot of stress, there are days when I have to just sit down because I feel like fainting, yes. My last cold sweat breakout when I initially posted this so it was 2 weeks ago.
    • Posted

Which antihypertensives are you taking?

GGT can go up with regular alcohol consumption.

• Posted

Micardis 20 mg, this was a switch from Lisinopril with HCTZ due to it causing cough. There was a mention I might have to add hctz with the micardis if it didn't work. I am a frequent drinker. My GGT, AST, and ALT were all elevated. GGT was 55, AST 39 and ALT 43. Albumin, bilrubin, and ALP came back normal, along with my CBC etc. I figured the high BP was caused by the liver enzymes that was released in the bloodstream, altho I don't know if this is correlated and maybe a posisble liver inflammation was causing the cold sweats, but I can't be for sure.

• Posted

HCTZ needs to be added on to the telmisartan.

I agree with your GP - I suspect these episodes are probably due to hormonal instability / post-menopausal symptoms.

Go for the ECG. The liver breaks down hormones - so it functioning well is very important for hormonal stability. Try and cut down your alcohol consumption - Liver disease is a nasty way to die.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.