Sudden cramp or pain in right forearm???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so last night when i feel asleep, I was sleeping on my stomach and I woke up suddenly to my right arm having a sudden sharp pain or idk if it was cramping, it lasted maybe 1 minutes then went away but the residue of the pain was still there (if that makes sense). I went back to sleep and did not feel it until a few minutes ago. I felt it twice.

I took my blood pressure shortly after and it was 116/62. I don't have any symptoms like dizziness or nausea or anyhting, its just concerning. Idk if i should go to the doctors. Its not swollen or red or tender...it looks like and feels like my left arm. Sometimes i felt the pain in my wrist area or to the the side of my wrist.

I have health anxiety and I'm afraid its a DVT (lately my mind has been focused on that.)

I attached a picture, the red is where the pain/cramp would be felt and the blue is where would hurt after the cramp (it would only hurt for a few minutes.)

The other picture is of my arm.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi WorryBunny.  I really have never heard of that before.  If it is such a concern to you, perhaps it would be better to contact your Dr.
    • Posted

I rubbed this thing called mustarcreme (idk if you heard of it) it's suppose to help with sprains, nerve pain etc it's kinda like icy hot. Anyways I rubbed it in that spot of the pain and I haven't felt the pain. Although my fingers tingle on and off.
  • Posted

hey i'm totally getting the same symptoms today - how are you feeling now?
    • Posted

Oh I'm totally fine. I never ended up going to the doctor but it was happening on and off for a few days . I just let myself go through it and it hasn't happened since. I think it was the was I was sleeping plus I used to write a lot and put my arm in awkward positions

I wouldn't say follow what I did just because it could be something else. So please go with your best judgement even if that means visiting your doctor.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply!  very good to hear.  i feel i share the same worrying issues and anxiety as perhaps you do.  the cramps come and go but i can't help feeling they are largely diet related.  these things crop up as just another thing for my worried mind to latch onto and amplify.  sometimes i wonder if antidepressants could help suppress the worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.