Sudden deafness in left ear

Posted , 1 user is following.

At the same time last year I started to hear my (irregular, AF) heartbeat in my left ear in a kind of whooshing way. I had a number of tests including a scan and no problems found. Hearing was slightly down. After a few months it just went away. Now at the same time of year, also following the flu jab(coincidence?) I have suddenly gone almost completely deaf in that ear. Constant woosh in ear this time and feeling they need pressurising like on a plane but although a lot of popping and crackling they just don't clear. GP thinks it is inflamed or blocked Eustachian tube. Given me a month of steroid tablet and anti-histamine spray despite me not having had cold or nasal hayfever (although do get runny eyes). No change after 10 days. So does this sound right for his diagnosis and has anyone else experienced similar?

Dave (aged 68)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.