Sudden dizziness and headache.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a 42 yr old male, while driving 3 weeks ago I suddenly got a feeling I was going to pass out and instantly pulled onto the hard shoulder and let a colleague drive. Since then all was fine until 3 days ago when 3 hours into a drive the same thing happened, I pulled over again and the colleague finished the drive. I was fine the rest of the day and drove back to the hotel later. The following day the same thing happened again on the way back around the same time into the drive. Since then I've been dizzy constantly, when I say dizzy it's more the feeling I'm going to faint and now there is an accompanying headache. I'm very very concerned as a big part of my job is driving and I don't feel confident getting in a car at the moment. Furthermore my company doesn't have a sick pay scheme. 

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's important to get the MRI, with contrast. To rule out any major issues. Could be any number of things but, the MRI is definitely the place to start so you have a confidence that it is nothing serious.  Best of luck. Keep us posted. 
  • Posted

I'm waiting on my MRI results.

Also get a ENT I also had that done.

Damand to be sent these! As it took me ages to get any help. DRs useless.

• Posted

Carl---did you ever find out what the problem was? I am having the EXACT issue. 

Would be a huge help if you could give some guidance.

Thanks

Joe

• Posted

Please try SCM trigger point massage.

SCM stands for Sternocleidomastoid Mussle. I couldn't drive for more than a year and a half with dizziness. After SCM trigger point massage for several days, I could drive normal. You can Google it and find the YouTube video. You can massage yourself. It was a miracle for me because I went to so many different doctors but they couldn't help. The answer was right on your front neck. I got my life back! You can do it as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.