Sudden dizziness please please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello im so sorry to disturb anyone but if anyone is awake at this hour? i seem to be having vertigo and im absolutely terrified.

i have been feeling slight dizziness (as in the room is NOT spinning but i am )

it happened this evening i felt a little "off" (as in it felt i was slightly dizzy and put it down to anxiety) . But it got worse and worse to the point where if i tipped my head forward i would get diZzy and if i tipped my head back i would get dizzy. i have been sitting for hours in an armchair terrified to move. i had to use the bathroom earlier and asked my hisband to help me as i didnt feel i could walk. again i was dizzy (with him shouting at me that it was all anxiety). he is happily asleep after telling me im a drama queen and i actually want to die i am THAT terrified of dizziness - 13 years ago i had viral labyrinthitis and developed PTSD - I have never gotten over the fear of it returning) . I dont know what to do and i dont know where to turn . i am TERRIFIED of going to bed in case when i lie back it will happen again and as ive no support again im afraid there is something terribly wrong

if there is ANYONE with advice PLEASE reach out as i dont think i could go through labyrinthitis again eapecially as my "family" think its anxiety . thank you.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

anyone? please?

• Posted

how are you feeling? i think my labrynthitis is flaring up .. i had it 5 years ago and it seemed to come back

• Posted

hi megb thank you SO much for getting back to me. i have been so terrified i havnt left my home. it isnt as bad as the evening i posted but im afraid it will happen again.

i was told at the time that i had that awful labyrithitis that the chances of it happenong again are mininal as it was viral.

But (as you can probably relate) it never tales the fear away.

Im still

not feeling great and absolutley will not drive. Im going to call doc tomorrow and hopefullt they will see me .

How are you feeling meg?

• Posted

I am so sorry you are going through this! I know the feeling all too well. It is SO scary. I just made a post wondering if my symptoms are back because I had surgery last week (unrelated to this issue) and I am wondering if the stress on my body and immune system and how anxious I was about it causes these symptoms to return.

I am lightheaded and feel super unsteady and like I am going to fall over when I walk. I am super woozy and have major pressure in my ear/head. 😦

• Posted

ah so

sorry meg and well done om betting through surgery. I think chances of it bring "lab" again are fairly remote - your body has had a trauma as well as anesthesia and it takes time to regain confidemce in our bodies after something as traumatic as surgery. No harm chatting to a doc but i think they may say its just the after effects of surgery ans maybe a little anxiety. I wish you the very best.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. All of my symptoms lately line up with my former diagnosis and I remember feeling just like this years ago. I can't even sleep anymore because I am that anxious and scared..and lightheaded. I am not sure if it is the after effects or if my diagnosis was wrong and maybe I have Menerie's disease and I am having a flare up? I am finding it so hard to function and it is truly devestating . I just want to feel normal again. Do you see your Dr soon?

• Posted

hi meg still waiting to get an appt with doc here (its hard atm with the pandemic).

i hear what youre saying totally about it feeling SO like before (exactly me the other evening)

I do know though that that awful lightheaded feelin can be from anxiety (from the very fear of "lab"). I suffee with anxoety disorder and wothout a doubt the lightheadedness your speaking off sounds very faniliar.

One thing i find VERY helpful is a heat pack on the back of my neck (just below skull) the muscles can become very tense there from anxiety ans believe it or not CAUSE lightheadedness. But once the heat of the heat pack warms your neck you can feel mich more comfortable. if tou give it a tey let me know how you get on. and know a stranger is thinking of you as i understand the upset you arw feeling.

• Posted

please excuse the typos! My phone has a mind of its own (i was SO careful letter by letter typing this one!!!) . Wishing you wellness

• Posted

Hi, I know how scary dizziness is. You need reassurance and support when you are ill and scared, not to be told it's all in your head. Tell your husband he cannot treat you that way. It could be BPPV . That is common after a viral labrinthitis, I believe. Praying for you it passes soon....

• Posted

thank you do much anne . Your reply is very much appreciated.

One thing i did notice is my neck muscles at back of head were /are very tight and as i suffer from anxiety disorder i am wondering is there a connection.

Also i was going to try and see a doctor about this but im being told "im like the boy who cried wolf".

It is SO scary as it is i cannot leave the house but this is making my life miserable

thank you again

• Posted

meant to say anne the labyrinthis i had was 13 years ago but i never really got over the fright and a lot of anxiety manifested itself through wobbliness (almost as if it knew my ears were my fear)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.