Sudden drop in blod sugar levels...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently had almost daily experiences with sudden drop in blood sugar levels. Or so it feels - I haven't tested it.

My hands start to shake - that is the main symptom.

Anyone else with this?

Is fluctuating blood sugar levels a part of peri or perhaps more a symptom of stress? I am very stressed at the moment working full time from home with two minor kids beeing homeschooled because their school is corona-closed...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hello

Yes it can be. I had the same and apparently its the endocrine system that manages hormones and controls sugars. I used to get the pale swears and dizziness and the horrible shaking. If you are not on any hrt or treatment you can only manage it when it happens and top up your sugar xx

• Edited

I had same experience as Sassy. Shaky, clammy, pale, cold hands and feet, dizzy with increased heart rate .

This lasted a few months on and off, either I am better at managing it or the body adjusted. If you are like me and not very hungry in the morning, try to make yourself have a little something like a handful of nuts so blood sugar doesn't get too low.Hope that helps!

• Edited

Hi

I get this all the time it started badly about 5 years ago and has never subsidised sadly . I also can't tolerate anything with a lot of sugar in it as I feel so unwell and my blood sugar shoots up for a few hours and honestly can say I feel like I have flu . The low sugar happens daily if I miss any meal even by 1 hour I feel the same shakes and like death it's awful. Try and eat regularly low sugar and not to high carbs . I find eating moderate protein and good fats really help .

Good luck the whole process of peri is awful .

xxxx

• Edited

Thank you so much for your advice everybody - I will try to eat regularly and more healthy hoping it will help.

Peri is indeed a troublesome period... My symptoms started 5-6 years ago and I still get new symptoms...

Bless you all

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.