SUdden drop in BP?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys just trying to see if anyone else experiences this.

For the past few days I've been getting random spells of feeling slightly dizzy/lightheaded and as if my BP dropped. (Kinda like when you stand up too quickly) when this happens I'll check my pulse and my heart will slow down, I'll feel slightly lightheaded, and then it'll speed up and go back to normal and I'll feel "fine" again. And it'll happen at random times too.

I've had multiple tests done (blood work, chest X-rays, heart sonogram, chest CT, tons of EKGs, treadmill stress test, and have seen a cardiologist - said the chances of anything heart related happening are slim to none) so what else could it be? Vitamin deficiency? Just anxiety?

I also checked my BP yesterday and it was normal. 109/74

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Very likely that it's just the anxiety, Michelle. If you're eating a full diet (not skipping meals) and choosing healthy foods (some fruits and veggies!), it's also unlikely that you have any mineral deficiencies. You can try taking a multivitamin if you'd like, it won't hurt anything. The dizziness might be from sinus pressure, a little head cold, changes in pressure, etc. Common things. But the anxiety will make the whole thing worse. Don't worry - you're okay! smile 

• Posted

Yeah I eat a very healthy diet and take my vitamin daily. I'm just scared sad I just feel like lightheaded all day it seems and like my hearts beating irregularly.

So you don't think it could be anything heart related right?

• Posted

No, I don't think it's heart related. I'm sorry you've been feeling like this sad It'll go away, give it time. Try not to be scared. 

Much love xx

• Posted

Thanks nick! I mean my heart has been looked at pretty extensively and by many doctors including a cardiologist but yu know how anxiety can be it's hard to convince yourself nothing's going to happen sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.