Sudden electric shocks?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone have like a sudden electric shock feeling? Or lile butterflies in the chest? I get them when I stand & stuff. Also i am very easily startled. Someone can knock on the door, phone could ring, & I'd get scared or get them sudden boost of adrenaline

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get just the same symptoms. Feel lost and shake a lot.
    • Posted

Yeah & sometimes i'll be on the edge of throwing up.

• Posted

Yup. Anxiety is the worst. Stop caffeine, sugar, junk food. Exercise in the morning sun. I just started transcranial magnetic stimulation to reboot my brain, especially the fear mechanism.
  • Posted

I have not slept for over 60 hours. 4 sessions of TMS so far. Insomnia probably due to Xanax with drawl.
    • Posted

Omg, are you okay? I refuse to take narcotics, benzodiazepines, sedatives, & opioids for that specific reason. I never want to go through withdrawals. I hope you get better.

• Posted

Got a solid 5 hours of sleep last night after taking 7.5mgs of Remeron. The remeron turned the electric jolts off so I could sleep. No point in taking Xanax anymore because I cannot sleep while on it! The next few days will be rough as I with drawl from one drug and start another.
  • Posted

Yes i same thing pretty much i do take zoloft and have anxiety and doctors think i that is probably why but there is other causes,  i am so glad i found this website i thought i was the only one with this weird problem.
  • Posted

Zoloft seemed to make my panic attacks worse and more frequent. But that was before I knew that I was breathing incorrectly. I heard that taking Zoloft before bed instead of in the morning works much better..
    • Posted

Zoloft made me sick when i took it & i kept having crying spells for no reason. I think it had a paradox effect lol. I wouldn't recommend Zoloft to anyone . I'm not on the Zoloft or the xanax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.