Sudden extreme chest & back pain at same time. Please Help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get these attacks of pain in my back somewhere between T-12 & T-4, and pain in the chest at the same time. Sometimes pain on the side as well. The pain is extreme (8-9). They come on quick and randomly. I could be sitting, standing, walking. I could have one today, tommorow, next week. Or not another for months. They last about an hour. Or I could have one, then it starts to let up and I think im geting better, but it comes back. On a few occasions my blood sugar has dropped during the attack. The first time that happened I called the paramedics, because I thought I was going to pass out. However they couldnt find anything wrong. Normal pulse, normal BP, Normal sinus rhythym. I've been to a cardiologist, gastrointeroligist, rheumatologist, ortho/neuro. Nobody can figure out what it is. I cant find anything on the internet that matches my problem. Please help! If there is anyone out there with an idea of what this is let me know. Im out of theories.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, so sorry about that. I had the same series of pain and I went for ECG which i was positive with pericarditis. I am about going for other test before medications. I hope we get well soon dear
  • Posted

Hi...how are you feeling now?

What did the doctor said?

I am having the same problem. This is really freaking me out.

Thanks.

• Posted

Did you happen to notice when/what you eat before it happens? I have these exact same things just like you described. It would go days or months with nothing, then BAM. Id have it for anywhere from an hour to 3 days. - and it ended up being SEVERE heartburn. Not the kind with any acid in your esophagus tho and some Pepto or TUMS can fix, just severe pain in my chest, back, and even into my shoulders. Doc put me on prescription heartburn meds, and if I take one of those pills within a few mins of one of these "attacks" coming on, the pain is completely gone within 10 mins. If it one of the really bad attacks, I may have to take more the next day as it will return, but the HB meds are the ONLY thing that worked. ...and I tried just about everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.