Sudden eye issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was watching TV with my brother last night when I noticed that it became hard to keep my eyes focused and had a lack of peripheral vision.  I also found that bright light light in the dark or a bright computer monitor irritated my eyes.  I have always been sensitive to light but this was severe. I had Amblyopia as a kid, but i checked both eyes and they were fine.  I called my mother and she said it is normal for your eyes "to flatten out" as you get older and it meant I was tired.  So I went to sleep and in the morning my eyes were fine.  But at night I still have the light sensitivity and also with the computer monitor on high brightness.  Can someone tell me what are some possible reasons.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First of all, you should go and get this checked out.  Go to your local Optometrist and if it is anything serious, s/he will refer you to your nearest Eye Clinic.

Off the top of my head, I might guess that it is dry eye syndrome but  I cannot see you and I am not an Ophthalmologist

Don't leave it Andrew, just in case it is something more than Dry Eyes.

You can buy lubricating eye drops from any Pharmacy to see if that helps but go to an Optometrist.

• Posted

I found out what it was.  The CPAP machine mask I just bought was putting pressure on my eye nerves.  The air blowing through the tube was blowing straight into my eyes.  No wonder I couldn't focus and my eyes were having problems focusing.  I have only been using the machine a few days.  Who knows

what kind of damage it could have done.  I called up the supply company and destroyed their ears for about a half an hour!

• Posted

So, it was drying your eyes then,   I'm glad you've discovered what was wrong, it might be an idea to buy some lubricating drops anyway, they would make your eyes more comfortable.

• Posted

My problem won't go away!  My eyes are still sensitive at night and when there is bright lights in say at a grocery  store. It is also ready words to see far away or close up. I also get very dizzy at night for some reason.  I get shaky but after meditation it all goes away.  For some reason, when I read the computer it is okay.
  • Posted

Who have you consulted about this?

Perhaps you should see your GP and ask to be referred to an Ophthalmologist

• Posted

You need to visit Optometrist. You'll be provided proper medicines for it. Or may you need to wear spects now onwords.

I suggest you to reduce TV watching & sitting infront of computer for long.

You can include Carrot in your diet, which is really good for e\ye health.

For better vision, keep walking on Fresh Greesn grass with naked feet. It makes your eye vision perfect. And if you tired of watchin tv, computers. Close it for while & watch green plants, bushes, trees around your home. It gives you little relife & relaxation to your eyes.

Hope this gonna work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.