Posted , 3 users are following.
To start off with, I've never been allergic to anything. I've eaten everything just fine. I broke out in hives once last year but apparently those were stress hives (a lot was going on in my life, including my grandmother dying) and they eventually went away on their own. Aside from the hives I had no other allergy symptoms and I hadn't eaten anything new.
Yesterday, after finishing a yogurt, I noticed my tongue felt strange. Tingly, sort of. I eat yogurt often without any issues. It was a mint chocolate chip Chobani Flip. I had had a different flavor of Chobani Flip the night before without any issues. My tummy was upset after as well, but I have had nausea and an upset stomach for the past few days from the citalopram I started taking for my anxiety four days ago so I don't know if it was caused by the yogurt or the medication. I had a glass of milk this morning but was fine, so I'm not lactose intolerant. I had also just eaten a canned soup, but I didn't notice the tingling then.
Is it possible there was something in the yogurt I was allergic to? I've had mint chocolate chip flavored ice cream and as I said previously I eat yogurt all the time with no issues. I'm afraid to eat it again. As soon as I noticed it, I felt a rush of panic and thought, what if I go into anaphylactic shock? Or am I just worried over nothing?
0 likes, 6 replies