Sudden heart rate elevation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Greetings,

I am 36 years old male with normal body weight and without any known condition. Some years ago I found out that I am a carrier of a rare genetic mutation which can lead to cardiomyopathy. We were surprised since no one has ever had heart issues or dies suddenly in our family. So far I am disease free. I have noticed that the smallest thing I do my heart rate goes crazy high immediately. For example if I go our running my heart rate can climb to over 190 bpm. I get tired and out of breath very fast, but no chest pain. If I stop it does come down within seconds max 1 min. Do you find such high rate as normal? I have a fitbit which shows that throughout 24 hr my resting heart rate is around 67. I am afraid to do the smallest activity because as I said the heart rate goes immediately high. Any recommendations? Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

DEar alme,

I dont know if this will help you,but i have been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy recently.

Blood pressure sometimes elevated(see post). Suddenly became breathless,when short walking etc.

If yours is similar,check with doctor as they may recommend that all your immediate

family are checked.My family have been,and are ok.

Which means i am 500,00 to 1 Mr lucky!?

I am on beta blockers and awaiting heart procedure.

Hope yours is not so severe and maybe easily sorted.

regards, Richard

• Posted

In PSVT, an abnormal electrical pathway causes the heart to beat faster than normal. Episodes of rapid heart rate can last from a few minutes to several hours. A person with PSVT can have a heart rate as high as 250 beats per minute (bpm)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.