Sudden horrible GERD and Peri

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone have horrible reflux with changing hormones? Burning, gassy stomach and regurgitation of acid and food after eating. Starting hormones soon. This is awful.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes i'm pretty sure a lot of my symptoms are hormonal although i have only recently connected the two! It is really horrible. I don't know what to eat or if I should eat. I have suffered with silent reflux for some while but now i have the burning stomach too. I take ppis but they aren't doing much. Have you seen a dr? Lots of people recommend the acid watchers diet. Another option might be HRT to balance your hormones ?

• Posted

Hi, I have done a saliva test which showed my estrogen/progesterone are out of balance. Both are low. Acid reducers make me feel awful. I have tried several. Spoke with my GYN. I am going to try BCP for now because want to shut my system down for now and not have the roller coaster ride of hormones instead of biodenticals which add to what your body is making . I plan to switch over to biodenticals once my periods stop. It just seems easier. We will see how that goes. I am following up with GI doc as well.

• Posted

I've recently had horrible reflux with burning stomach and didn't think maybe it was hormonal. I'm 46. I've taken Nexium but it doesn't help.

• Posted

I just got back from my GI doc. Doing endoscopy in two weeks just to rule some things out. Advised I can't tolerate meds. They said all those meds have some sort of side effects and to try Pepto Bismal. It could help with symptoms. Told doc about hormone issues and she said GYN may be on to something and taking BCP may help level a lot of things out. Just waiting on my period to start so I can start pills. I am praying this helps. I only have one ovary and my periods are coming closer together.

• Posted

Hope everything works out for you. As women we go through a lot. Today I'm struggling with the burning stomach and just trying to get through the day. I also struggle with anxiety which makes everything feel ten times worse. Here's to better days for all.

• Posted

Hang in there. I have anxiety as well and lately with these stomach issues it has been horrible. I will let you know if the BCP work.

• Posted

Good luck to you both, I really hope you get some answers and some help with treatment. It is so hard to cope with every day as well as all the normal things life throws. Oh to be able to eat what I want, when I want and to have no issues! 😦

• Posted

yes....I envy the people that can eat what they want, when they want. I'm not asking for much...🥴

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.