Sudden itching down under!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had no periods for a year so I guess it's officially menopause now. Last evening suddenly I had severe burning and itching in and around my vagina. I have never in my life had any issues with any kind of infection or urinary infection or any problems whatever in the region. I think I need to see my doctor. I've been on HRT for a year now, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone combo. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi mee....this is very common on this forum including myself. ..due to lowering hormone levels, we can be prone to more infection...have it checked out if worrying or use an over the counter vaginal cream for relief.....hope it clears up soon. CK
  • Posted

I started this yesterday as well--  I'm the same, no issues before..  I bought some cream for now and if it doesn't clear up then I'll have to try something else.

• Posted

This has been a new symptom for me this past year. I am trying to keep track of it. It seems like it happens the 4-5 days before I am scheduled to get my period (If I have one). In fact - it was really bad last night; Im due for a period any day now. It's not all day - it lasts for about 10-15 minutes for me. I've tried those feminine itching wipes in the past...mine is on the outside/upper labia/clitoris area. This might be different than yours? I get really itchy all over my body in different places this same time each month. 

• Posted

i have found that 100% aloe vera gel helps with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.