Sudden Leg/Hip Pain Woke Me Up, what is happening?

Posted , 5 users are following.

When I went to bed, I felt fine. In fact, I felt great! I was finally feeling better (after 2 weeks battling bronchitis) & I had just hula hooped in the park that afternoon to celebrate. BUT around 4am, while I was lying in my usual fetal position on my left side, I was awakened by a sudden extreme pain in my right thigh where my leg & hip connect. I thought: maybe it's the way I'm laying? So I tried to lay on my back. No luck. The pain only intensifies. My instinct was to go find my muscle rub. Limping around for a few minutes (I couldn't put any weight on it), and unable to locate said muscle rub, I grabbed my heating pad and wrapped my leg in it for some temporary relief. That's where I am now. I have a big day on my feet tomorrow, but I can barely walk right now. What is happening & do I need to see a doctor?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't want to sound glib or unsympathetic but perhaps hula hooping was not such a good idea. From what I remember of watching children doing it seems to me that it would be all too easy to do some back damage and that could cause pain to almost anywhere.

I once crippled myself leaning into my wood cupboard for a log. Not a very heavy log but just an unlucky position. An osteopath miraculously put everything back in the right place. Pain gone.

• Posted

you definatley do need to see your GP and get it checked up, get some x ray just to check its not anything serious. please.

• Posted

My hip goes out every now and then with no reason and goes away as quickly as it came. RA is a strange disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.