Sudden loss of vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

this rarely happens but i few times ive had an instance where my vision goes completely black while my eyes are open. once this happens i blink and my eye sight is back.

i also have severe anxiety and panic. ive never passed out, only been light headed. ive been checkout with blood work and have Ct scans and everything comes back clean. i cannot help but worry if this is something terrible. has anyone experienced this??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Get your eyes checked..you might have high eye pressure...This happened me a few times, not a complete blindness, but there was 2 blind spots, in the centre of my eyes,I could see around them, this lasted for a minute or so, it could also be silent migraines, vision problems, but no pain...I get very scared when it happens....x

• Posted

Hi. I get silent migraines regularly. I'll be looking at something when part of it isn't there, it appears with both eyes, then the zig zag flashing light starts, at first small then gets larger until finally disappears out to the side and out of vision, no headache. However last November an again last month I experienced something different and frightening. In one eye only, some kind of dark shapes obscured my vision. When I closed my eyes it was white shapes. When I reopened them it was still there and dark again. I could see around the obscure. This lasted a few minutes. Yours is the only time I have read something similar. I'm hoping/wondering if it's a type of migraine. I have a scleral buckle on my other eye for a detached retina, so I know that this isn't the same as the shadow I saw with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.