Sudden nausea with dizziness and loss of appetite

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I've been to the doctors twice now in 10 days and they just give me leaflets for anxiety. I was perfectly healthy and eating lots no problem but suddenly became light headed and off my food. This nausea and loss of appetite has carried of for 10 days now and I just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to say I'm 23 and not pregnant as I've done a test

• Posted

Ho hannah1794

Another post i've read today has the same problem. You may have picked up a bug when eating or drinking something that may not have agreed with your digestive system or food was out of date or not cooked properly...do you have a temperature...if so you may have an infection.....try and recall what you have put in your stomach before the problem started....

• Posted

Could it be a bug?  Your doctor should be doing more for you than giving you anxiety leaflets.  He or she should be trying to diagnose the cause of your symptoms.   I went to several doctors for three and a half months and was given lots of tests to uncover my gut problems which turned out to be IBS.  I was never fobbed of with just anxiety leaflets.   Wait a week and if you are no better after this point, see a different doctor to get a different opinion.
  • Posted

It was thought at first it may be a bug but to last nearly 2 weeks is a bit long! That's why I went back and it was assumed anxiety. Don't get me wrong I am anxious now but I was perfectly happy when this came on!

• Posted

Some bugs can last this long depending what bug is  Keep going back to your doctor and don’t listen to anyone telling you that this is simply anxiety.   You are having physical symptoms that sound like they could be gut related. They should not have been giving your anxiety leaflets just because you saw your doctor twice in one week.  As I said, I saw various doctors multiple times and was listened to in the end.

If the anxiety label is given again, tell them emphatically that you were not anxious before your symptoms came on and the only reason you are concerned and anxious now is because you feel you are being fobbed off and no one is goving you proper answers and help. You will need to see a different doctor.  A lot of my doctors were clueless and I immediately saw this and so I got several opinions.  One doctor fobbed me off with the comment that my symptoms were confusing and they hadn’t got a clue.

I had health anxiety with my symotoms too, but it was only triggered  because I wasn’t getting answers and was consulting Dr Google in the mistaken belief that it would help.

You need to be your own advocate when it comes to your health.

• Posted

Hi hannah1794

Reading your first post again you say you were 'eating lots' and 'suddenly became lightheaded and off my food'....then i assume you became nauseous.....did you have pain with it? ....i did ask before what were you eating before the problems started?....

• Posted

As in I was happily out all weekend eating fine not feeling any discomfort or fullness. All that day it started I was eating fine I had breakfast and lunch. Nothing unusual just toast and sandwich i think. Then as I was about to have tea I came over light headed and struggled to finish. Since then it hasn't really gone away. No pain just nausea and not wanting anything at all. I kept getting flushed but I'm not sure if that's because I was googling what could be causing it and getting panicked!

• Posted

Hi hannah1794

I think it is something you have eaten what was in your sandwich?....i think you have a stomach bug and your anxiety at the moment is making the nausea worse....just try taking liquids, alkaline water preferably to wash out any germs in your digestive tract. Stop consulting Dr. Google this will add to your stress!..

• Posted

Hi hannah1794

Sorry reply moderated no idea why...i'l private message you in a while...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.