Posted , 8 users are following.
Im a 24 year old male and for the past 6 months or more i have been experiencing a hard to describe dizziness. I have had health anxiety my entire life so naturally this has been a terrifying time. I am currently seeing a psychologist who has done a degree in neuroscience and she isnt convinced its related to mental health issue/anxiety.
Basically whenever i am in a sitting position, such as in a chair or something i get an off balance sensation. The feeling is what i can only describe as the 'jolt' you get when leaning too far back on a chair. It is NOT a spinning or an 'on a boat' feeling.
when i am lying down in bed i do feel an 'on a boat' and 'falling' feeling on my right side and on my back. Essentially whenever my head is not upright.
Just for clarrifcation i feel these sensations when im either sitting up or lying down NOT changing between the two positions.
Other things ive noticed.
- i find off balance when i look up down left or right.
- Feel normal when walking or driving (still get the jolt every now and then)
- Have had tinnitus for years but its been worse since ear syringing (see below)
- I have changed antidepressants and nothing has changed
- I feel very anxious when it happens.
- Tense feeling at the base of my skull. (not sure if related)
- 'TV static' vision when its dark
- went to the doctor about another dizziness and found my ears were blocked with wax
- had them syringed out (felt a bit dizzy while it was happening), they were a bit inflammed but otherwise healthy, i was supposed to take antibiotics but i was lazy and didnt.
- A week after i had my ears cleaned i started to feel like i was on a boat all the time. Sensation went away as soon as i started taking antibiotics so i assumed it was an infection.
- Ever since then ive had the 'jolt' feeling and the 'on a boat' feeling when lying down
MRI- nothing showed other than 'trace' fluid in left ear and a slightly enlarged vestibular aquaduct.
Dix-hallpike- had it done by 3 different people, two were negative, one was positive so i dont know what to think about that.
Rinne and webber- Conductive hearing loss in left ear.
EKG & Stress test (3 years old)- Nothing showed up on either test but dont know if its still valid.
I apologise for the length of this and dont really expect a reply but i hope someone can help me because after all the searching online i truly feel like no one has ever heard of what i am going through.
0 likes, 16 replies